+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to Business v Arbroath

Yes, back to business, every player striving 100% to get three points in every game we play.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Unfortunate neither did I. If it weren't too much messing with the team I'd almost be tempted to put Butcher at the back and have Powers and Harkes as the midfield 2.
    I also have no problem with this.

Watson & Butcher would be a decent pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I also have no problem with this.

Watson & Butcher would be a decent pairing.
    Sounds promising.

Not sure Butch wants to play there though. I think he prefers midfield.

For me though, Watson has been the difference in defence (when playing C.

In addition to his decent and consistent defensive performances, he offers an aerial threat in the opposition box at corners for us. He can score goals

Watson has had a thigh knock or strain hence not been risked since hibs at home

Tough game tomorrow, they have been adding to an already decent side, added James Craigen today (ex Falkirk when they were good under Houston)

However they also played Tues night so that's a bonus for us

Another tight game, 2-1 Utd

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Watson has had a thigh knock or strain hence not been risked since hibs at home

Tough game tomorrow, they have been adding to an already decent side, added James Craigen today (ex Falkirk when they were good under Houston)

However they also played Tues night so that's a bonus for us

Another tight game, 2-1 Utd
    Noticed the Craigen signing as well. All joking aside about Dick Whiteington but him and Craigen are decent signings and for me a sign that Arbroath feel they may have a historical opportunity to ‘go for it’ into the play offs and then who knows? Definitely better signings than big wage, over the hill, cast off rejects who couldn’t give a schit whether their new team does well or not.

Edit to add - the 3000 Arabs before Xmas probably paid for this.

I feel for this game we need a really good performance to show the cracks were only cracks and a convincing win.

Has any part time team ever made the play offs for the Premier League before - I can't think of any ?

Looking like a good day for the match - expecting a close, tight game - going on the previous matches.

Tombola team news:

Siegrist, L Smith, Sporle, Powers, Connolly, Reynolds (capt), Pawlett, Sow, Robson, Butcher and Shankland.

Subs: Deniz, Glass, Harkes, King, Mochrie, Neilson and Watson.

What we thinking then?? 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1?

either 1-1-9 (inc keeper) or 1-9-1.

Its s secret in Neilsens head till half time!

Don't see anything random or tombola there, it's obvious the positions

However some guys need to perform to justify their starting going forward (Pawlett and Sow), assuming Appere must have picked up an injury as not in squad, Watson probably not 100% yet

Hopefully Powers is a bit more forward thinking though with his short passing and quicker with it as Arbroath can sit in and it didn't work vs Morton all the side to side stuff

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)