+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Would have to get an 'escape call' on my mobile if Jill was coming tho. Once she got started we'd be there all night...

..... I can see this thread having some legs!

Gents,

I would love to buy you a round if I ever make it across the pond. One of my life's goals. Just never seemed that the timing was right. When I had kids they took priority and when they all left the house the work hours took that opportunity away.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    "perhaps all of us can get together in one pub to honour that day"
    Cracking idea that Jez, i`d come over if we are all up for it!
    Would love this, after all we are all Leeds aren't we.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Gents,

I would love to buy you a round if I ever make it across the pond. One of my life's goals. Just never seemed that the timing was right. When I had kids they took priority and when they all left the house the work hours took that opportunity away.
    Not wanting to fulfil the "fluffy bunny" profile Billy suggested for me but.....

What the f00k are you on about wrt "work hours"???

If your kids have flown the coop, your hours are yours, to do with as YOU wish, and if that means a call to the airline and a years membership at ER for one match, so be it.

Taken a little time to get a grip, and a loss I cant sustain, but finally realised you do what you do because it sustains you, and indirectly those you love.

We get promotion, I'll get you and George across the pond for a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Would love this, after all we are all Leeds aren't we.
    At last!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not wanting to fulfil the "fluffy bunny" profile Billy suggested for me but.....

What the f00k are you on about wrt "work hours"???

If your kids have flown the coop, your hours are yours, to do with as YOU wish, and if that means a call to the airline and a years membership at ER for one match, so be it.

Taken a little time to get a grip, and a loss I cant sustain, but finally realised you do what you do because it sustains you, and indirectly those you love.

We get promotion, I'll get you and George across the pond for a pint.

It’s a promise mate

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    It’s a promise mate
    Good! And if it's not the Peacock the Red Lion will do!

WTF

A long winded monologue alert from me.

No excuses from me. Like many, life seems to throw curveballs. Elderly parents, a bout with cancer, a company stealing the employees pensions and retirement fund money.... You find yourself in a different financial situation than you ever expected and at age 60 your are grinding it hard all over again to build up your retirement fund. No complaints on this. I'm very healthy and making it at 60 but it does take away the life goal of getting over the pond until I have the funds built up again.

One thing that is definitely different here stateside is that employers do tend to use and abuse employees a little bit more than they seem to across the pond. If you are an unethical and amoral person it's a whole lot easier to screw your employees than in some other countries such as the UK. Pensions are almost non existent for private sector workers so you have to make it on your own retirement. Social security exists at 67 (for me) but some of us have real fears whether that money will exist or be enough to live on. That money in the social security fund has been stolen by the government and replaced with IOU's. Of course, the government pension is "seperate but equal" and is fully funded. We basically work for our government employees who have jobs for life, no service standards or acountablity and have pensions and heath care for life. Over the last 40 years the government jobs have grown 2 times faster than the private sector.

I know that Trump is a mystery to many people but he's a reaction to the fact that we now work for the government versus the other way around. He was the ultimate protest vote and he drives our ruling overlords crazy. I also understand that many Brits don't understand our obsession with Guns. Many don't own guns for "personal protection" or hunting. we own them to fight back against government tyranny. It's the only reason we are still as "free" as we are. whole parts of the county could not be taken over without and incredibly bloody death toll. Our founding fathers specifically stated that the 2nd amendment was created to fight the tyranny of government.

sorry for the monologue.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    WTF

A long winded monologue alert from me.

No excuses from me. Like many, life seems to throw curveballs. Elderly parents, a bout with cancer, a company stealing the employees pensions and retirement fund money.... You find yourself in a different financial situation than you ever expected and at age 60 your are grinding it hard all over again to build up your retirement fund. No complaints on this. I'm very healthy and making it at 60 but it does take away the life goal of getting over the pond until I have the funds built up again.

One thing that is definitely different here stateside is that employers do tend to use and abuse employees a little bit more than they seem to across the pond. If you are an unethical and amoral person it's a whole lot easier to screw your employees than in some other countries such as the UK. Pensions are almost non existent for private sector workers so you have to make it on your own retirement. Social security exists at 67 (for me) but some of us have real fears whether that money will exist or be enough to live on. That money in the social security fund has been stolen by the government and replaced with IOU's. Of course, the government pension is "seperate but equal" and is fully funded. We basically work for our government employees who have jobs for life, no service standards or acountablity and have pensions and heath care for life. Over the last 40 years the government jobs have grown 2 times faster than the private sector.

I know that Trump is a mystery to many people but he's a reaction to the fact that we now work for the government versus the other way around. He was the ultimate protest vote and he drives our ruling overlords crazy. I also understand that many Brits don't understand our obsession with Guns. Many don't own guns for "personal protection" or hunting. we own them to fight back against government tyranny. It's the only reason we are still as "free" as we are. whole parts of the county could not be taken over without and incredibly bloody death toll. Our founding fathers specifically stated that the 2nd amendment was created to fight the tyranny of government.

sorry for the monologue.
    Where about a in the States are you

Indianapolis,

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)