+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So then my little Irish ball licker...who having the largest slice of this delicious humble pie
    Northern Irish! I'll have the big slice.....just because you're a fat 5hite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So then my little Irish ball licker...who is having the largest slice of this delicious humble pie
    Andrew would like the large portion.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We saw what we saw Pete. Not sure it benefits any of us to shovel humble pie in any direction. Pundits and fans alike were all of the same view, we saw two very different teams made up of the same players playing the two halves, and only they will know why. 70% possession counts for nothing if you don't score, and we didn't, but coming out and demolishing Millwall in the second half was all we would have asked for.

I suspect that most would agree that making our (or at least the players) lives hard seems strangely masochistic, but that also seems to be what we do, its a "Leeds thing". The club is bigger than its players, bigger than its owners, bigger even than those who are fortunate enough to attend games at ER where tens of thousands of fans would walk over hot coals to see their team vanquish all opposition.

I'm often called for going against the grain, but occasionally there are performances like tonights, a game quite distinctly of two halves , where all the contradictions of Leeds United are laid bare, and the more glorious for it, long may it continue
    No i am not with you, Why ? because you berated the transfers during the match day thread once we went 2 nil down, i am sick of the **** posts on here when things are not going right.

I amongst 30,000 plus others can see the effort the players are and do put in every game, but you in particular slag off everything the team/club does to try and rectify it, sometimes it comes off other times not, all i ask for having been on this forum for many many years is do not slag off before the games/end of the season are over.

If you or others dont get to games i appreciate that circumstance and other things come into it, i just cant do with the negative **** you come out with when you dont see the work these lads put into everything wether things work out or they dont,

We are in a good place right now so why all the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Andrew would like the large portion.
    Yeah..I have heard the rumours

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    This is my thoughts tonight, having been at the game please believe me the players all of them were awesome, Scumwall scored early unexpectedly then a dubious penalty, ( couldnt see properly from where i was).

Forget all that even in the first half we played very good football, but hitting the net as per usual eluded us.

Second half what can i say again brilliant each and every player, I hear people saying Klich isnt the same player he was well let me tell you he was awesome tonight as was Pablo, infact i cant criticise anyone, i was confident we would keep creating, Bamford how bad is he according to some, take your words back a least until end of the season.

Much needed win, in my opinion not only that as much as it doesnt look this way we battered and dominated Scumwall till the end, reason i say that is because they went 2 up,

I briefly have seen the match day thread well what can i say, eat humble pie some of you, makes me wonder if you are really Leeds fans. MOT ALWAYS
    Nobody was doubting the players were trying but we were upset at how it was going and rightly so because we've seen that for two reasons. Lots of positives but killer Problems that don't change and are costing up many points.

You said much the same things when people expressed concern last season Pete. Hopefully things won't work out like that this season but I for one can't watch a first half like yesterday and think everything is fine.

Doesn't make me not a Leeds fan if I have a different opinion to you though. That's offensive.

Let's enjoy the win and hope we don't keep giving other teams the lead and letting them bully us into chasing points rather than controlling games like we can at times but haven't for quite a while.

Spot on Pete. Too many neggies on here. I’m with Pete1967b. I go home and away and support. Sure they get it wrong sometimes but effort class and entertainment abounds every single match. Sure goals are thin but that might change now. What do some on here want? Relegation battles. Once again we’re top of the league. I simply do not get the negative comments and I have to call you out Rev. Leader of the pack on here but you can be so negative at times. Frustration yes I get that for everyone but come on boys this is the best team we have seen for years offering a level of optimism around the place that should be embraced - all of the time.
    Last edited by Pacaman; 29-01-2020 at 08:27 AM.

I disagree with the majority of posts on this thread about being positive/negative. Everyone here tries to follow Leeds in some capacity and as individuals should be able to freely express an opinion/observation. Whether that comes from analysis after 2 secs or after 10 years, it doesn’t really matter.

Some views people will agree with others they won’t, that’s what makes the forum interesting. Some people might be more inclined to be positive/negative with how they view things, but maybe instead of getting personal or even abusive, would it not be better to debate the topic constructively instead?

After all debate, should be about sharing information, expressing opinions and receiving constructive feedback? I always think it is brave of someone to express an opinion on a forum and it should be encouraged.

If we are acted like clones and agreed/said the same thing all the time, the forum would be very boring. Plus you never know what is happening in someone’s personal life and how that affects the way they see things and how they respond?

As for last night’s match, surely that encapsulated the magic of football, going through all those emotions over 90 minutes and having loads of talking points?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Spot on Pete. Too many neggies on here. I’m with Pete1967b. I go home and away and support. Sure they get it wrong sometimes but effort class and entertainment abounds every single match. Sure goals are thin but that might change now. What do some on here want? Relegation battles. Once again we’re top of the league. I simply do not get the negative comments and I have to call you out Rev. Leader of the pack on here but you can be so negative at times. Frustration yes I get that for everyone but come on boys this is the best team we have seen for years offering a level of optimism around the place that should be embraced - all of the time.
    Leader of the pack

Sorry but your spouting b0ll0x..I say it as I see it and last night 1st half wasn't good and I rightly called it,as did quite a few others..2nd half was brilliant and I gave credit to the lads..and ate the humble pie..hardly makes me negative..more of a fan who gets hurt when it ain't going our way is how I would call it.

To say you agree with pete in that some of us are not really Leeds fans as we have a difference of opinion..well you have really gone down in my estimation.

Been supporting this club for well over 40 years and I ain't having no c*nt telling me I am not really a supporter/fan.

So as far as I am concerned you and pete can both get f*cked!

Have a nice day.

So as far as I am concerned you and pete can both get f*cked!

Have a nice day.

How British is that? 🇬🇧 🤗 😂

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    No i am not with you, Why ? because you berated the transfers during the match day thread once we went 2 nil down, i am sick of the **** posts on here when things are not going right.

I amongst 30,000 plus others can see the effort the players are and do put in every game, but you in particular slag off everything the team/club does to try and rectify it, sometimes it comes off other times not, all i ask for having been on this forum for many many years is do not slag off before the games/end of the season are over.

If you or others dont get to games i appreciate that circumstance and other things come into it, i just cant do with the negative **** you come out with when you dont see the work these lads put into everything wether things work out or they dont,

We are in a good place right now so why all the negativity.
    Think you need to get the blinkers off Pete (about my posts AND the Leeds performances).

We (those who are fortunate enough to attend matches and those who arent) can see effort and passion, but we have also been here before, most recently at this point in time 12 months ago, and watched as effort went unrewarded and the club sank from round about where we are at present to the dreaded (and rightly so) playoffs. To suggest that all of yesterdays game was worthy of positive comment is just ignoring reality, it wasnt, and just about everyone who posted on the matchday thread and this one said so.

Opinions;

Do I think the two newbies will make a significant contribution?.......No

Did I think that the first half was a performance worthy of praise?......No

Did I think we were magnificent in the second half?.......You betcha

Did Bamford prove us wrong for calling him out?.......100% he did (on the night, now lets see him do it every other match (that is, one match in two).

You probably won't agree, you will probably expect everyone to think that all is now well because we're back at the top of the league having won a game, you will probably call out those who differ from your view, and accuse us/them of not being Leeds fans, and that we should "eat humble pie". Thats your perogative, we will see who is right (and in what areas) by seasons end, won't we?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)