+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Brilliant, Mmmm, Yes what a win again 5 wins 5 clean sheets, Elland Rd rocking and we could easily fill another 10,000 fans if the stadium was big enough, Love life at the minute and love being a Leeds fan, Awesome.

Just spotted these league stats for Leeds - nothing but impressive

Possession: 65% (1st)
    Wins: 20 (1st)
    Shots: 591 (1st)
    On-Target: 191 (1st)
    Chances: 455 (1st)
    Big Chances: 96 (1st)
    xG: 66.6 (1st)
    xGA: 28.9 (1st)
    Clean Sheets: 16 (1st)
    Possession Won In Final Third: 180 (1st)
    Ball Recoveries: 2059 (1st)

Name:  2019 table.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  82.4 KB

Interesting comparison posted on Facebook between the same point of the seasons last year and this year.

Crazy to think Villa went up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Crazy to think Villa went up from there.
    Just goes to show, it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, hence my caution regarding plans for a get-together!

Strange times. I'm sure Leeds will be a Prem League side next season, ( if we're all still alive). Assuming that you are how do you think your current team would do ? Do you need any areas strengthening ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Strange times. I'm sure Leeds will be a Prem League side next season, ( if we're all still alive). Assuming that you are how do you think your current team would do ? Do you need any areas strengthening ?
    As a sweeping statement, I would say we will be at a real disadvantage if we are promoted to PL with no teams being relegated.

Normally teams getting promoted can poach the better players from teams being relegated, we wont have that opportunity. Also with the potential of 4 teams being relegated at end of season, players might be less likely to transfer to us as the threat of relegation is enhanced due to more teams being relegated.

Will the teams in the PL next year also receive a smaller share of TV revenue too, due to increased numbers in that league?

We should go up on merit - having earned it.....

Play out the remaining games and feel the jubilation when it happens. Won't be the same (for me) if an announcement is made to the effect that we (and WBA) are promoted on the back of coronavirus situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    We should go up on merit - having earned it.....

Play out the remaining games and feel the jubilation when it happens. Won't be the same (for me) if an announcement is made to the effect that we (and WBA) are promoted on the back of coronavirus situation.
    Wont be the same for any of us Andy, but.......there is no "end point" for the impacts of the virus across all parts of life, that anybody is willing to hang their hat on, e.g. HMG is today talking about over-70s self-isolating for MONTHS. So playing the remaining games (if that was what was decided) might mean doing so during what would normally be the close season, with no break between end of one season and start of another, hardly ideal.

The alternatives might be the standings "as is" determine promotion, but no relegation from ANY league, or the season is declared null and void and we start again.

Frankly, given where we have been, and where we are right now, I'd take a slightly "tainted" promotion, and lets see just what we can do to justify it in 2020/21

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)