+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Most of us on here have been let down so many times before, none more so than last season, even going back to 1975 against a cheating ref and Bayern Munich which as an 11year old made me howl my eyes out, so when we go 2 down at home, even when the players are trying the frustrations come to the boil, but all credit to the players and the 36000 that were there for turning it around, let's not keep having to do it the hard way each week, it's not always possible......oh, and a pessimist is never disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Leader of the pack

Sorry but your spouting b0ll0x..I say it as I see it and last night 1st half wasn't good and I rightly called it,as did quite a few others..2nd half was brilliant and I gave credit to the lads..and ate the humble pie..hardly makes me negative..more of a fan who gets hurt when it ain't going our way is how I would call it.

To say you agree with pete in that some of us are not really Leeds fans as we have a difference of opinion..well you have really gone down in my estimation.

Been supporting this club for well over 40 years and I ain't having no c*nt telling me I am not really a supporter/fan.

So as far as I am concerned you and pete can both get f*cked!

Have a nice day.
    Class......... Just saying it as it as I see it.

All Leeds on here imo, except for WTF obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    You just had to, didn't you?

I was on the point of cancelling a reply to Pacman, but your little quip prompts me to rescue it!

I was pointing out that in all the arguments (been a few) I've had on here over the last ten years or so, on all the subjects covered of on pitch performance, club recruitment policy etc, I may have used insulting language, called people nasty names etc, but I have never to my knowledge accused another contributor of not being a Leeds supporter (and of course you will do your best to refute that statement, because that's just you). I never will do so (even with Alf, who we all know is secretly in love with the club but cant bring himself to admit it!). My opinions are mine, just as yours and Pacmans, Petes etc are yours, the fact that we differ doesn't make any of us less of a Leeds supporter (at least IMHO, you may differ), just makes us individuals, not sheep.

if you are bored sometime go to some of the other Footymad forums.

You get plenty of uniformity and civility. You also get 10 posts a week. Some are so boring their fans come to our forum to post.

You also get the scumchester "fans" who wear norwich colors and bitch about their owner only spending $500 million over the summer and how they'd do better if they owned the club.

i like to think we'll not be like that but it would sure be sweet to play in the prem and hae a shot at complaining about only spending a 100 million!

I will say though that the championship is one of the most exciting and unpredictable football leagues in the world. If we had TV coverage like the prem and officiating at that level it would sure make it a lot more palatable. if we go up the league will miss us very badly. I think it's one of the reasons we get some of the officials we get.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

You get plenty of uniformity and civility. You also get 10 posts a week. Some are so boring their fans come to our forum to post.

You also get the scumchester "fans" who wear norwich colors and bitch about their owner only spending $500 million over the summer and how they'd do better if they owned the club.

i like to think we'll not be like that but it would sure be sweet to play in the prem and hae a shot at complaining about only spending a 100 million!

I will say though that the championship is one of the most exciting and unpredictable football leagues in the world. If we had TV coverage like the prem and officiating at that level it would sure make it a lot more palatable. if we go up the league will miss us very badly. I think it's one of the reasons we get some of the officials we get.
    Think you may have more than just a point there!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Lol, even Alfie loves Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Most of the other footymad sites are dead, but there are plenty of other "tasty" fan forums of other clubs.

Hopefully we don't get hit with sanctions from EFL over the coin throwing after penalty.

Went to the game last night [Only my sixth this season] my thoughts? Game of two halves as is obvious from the scores, but in all honesty I didn't think we where THAT bad in the first half and where unlucky to be two down at half time - interestingly, despite Pete's comments there was a lot of whinging / moaning / complaining throughout the half on the terraces- in particular at Bamfords innability to finish his couple of half chances, and significantly quite a lot of booing as the players trudged off at half time [The ER equivalent of this forum me thinks]

Second half following the obvious rocket dished out over the half time oranges - Different performance all round, energy, confidence and fire in the bellies for all to see. Thought Harrison, Costa, Allioski and Ayling where magnificent going forwarddown the wings [Though Ayling was IMO at fault for both their goals - he did provide Bamford with the easiest of chances for our third] Klich looked like a new player, even White did well in an unfamiliar position, and Kiko made one great save when we where 2-1 down.

The fans where fantastic second half, Bamford decided to make apoint in front of the Kop after his winner [Covering his ears completely - "I'm not listening to you fickle feckers" or no doubt something like that] Agree with Jez that defensively we look shot, every attack looked likely that we would concede - so it will have to be a case of outscoring everyone until the end of the season.

Overall I thought we where doomed at half time very happy after the game - A bit like most on here, but as a half full glass man I reckon the introduction of a couple of new faces breathing down a couple of established knecks will do the trick to up our goals scored numbers.

And finally, Two new signings to come into contention, Foreshaw back soon, Robrerts, Douglas & Shackleton available again.. like having half a dozen additions this window!

Happy days if we beat Wigan Saturday, as I think others will slip up again....and Top of the league!
    Last edited by Tichi1; 29-01-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    No i am not with you, Why ? because you berated the transfers during the match day thread once we went 2 nil down, i am sick of the **** posts on here when things are not going right.

I amongst 30,000 plus others can see the effort the players are and do put in every game, but you in particular slag off everything the team/club does to try and rectify it, sometimes it comes off other times not, all i ask for having been on this forum for many many years is do not slag off before the games/end of the season are over.

If you or others dont get to games i appreciate that circumstance and other things come into it, i just cant do with the negative **** you come out with when you dont see the work these lads put into everything wether things work out or they dont,

We are in a good place right now so why all the negativity.
    Cause of the form we have been in and the first half yesterday, Enough said for you.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)