+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    C’mon lads and lasses, let’s not have a go at each other. Probably why it’s important that people try not to criticise unnecessarily legitimate views of others as it then descends into he said she said we said they said. Certain people might be more prone to start that downward spiral.

Great result in the end. Played okay first half but looked like we wouldn’t score. Second half at times was breathtaking. Well done PB for scoring but if he has missed those there was something truly amiss the cross from
    Ayling was a peach.

Let’s hope they go on another run of wins and build up a cushion as think the teams around us will continue to drop points.

We have had some shockers in terms of decisions but sometimes think too much is made of that - part of the rub of the green - sport is not an exact science.
    You espouse a spirit of tolerance, but as with BB (and others), you cant resist a dig at "certain people". Consistent I'll give you, just not quite as high-minded as you set out to be (why make the comment at all?).

It was indeed a good end result, and certain players showed they can deliver, I imagine we all want that to continue, let's hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Oz, There is a fine line between frustrated and slagging off, that is all i am saying, that is why the comment of being real fans comes to light for me, we all have opinions of who we think should / should not be playing but ultimately support who does play, this is the best team by far that we have had for at least a decade and more.
    So Pete, your definition of a "real fan" is someone who unquestioningly applauds players simply because they have been selected to play for the 1st team, is that right?

Some are seemingly not supporters because of their constant berating of our downfall when we lose, that is a fact.
    So when we lose, as we have too often of late, a "supporter" would applaud that and hope we do better next time?

Do you think that the half time chat yesterday was full of backslapping and expressions if sympathy that we didnt score? I suspect not, and if its good enough for Bielsa to give the players HE selected to play a cricket I see nothing wrong with SUPPORTERS doing the same. You presumably think otherwise?

At halftime last night i suspect MB said keep doing what you are doing but fecking score, exactly what we did, not sure why you keep having your two penneth worth cos you are the one that constantly berates everything we ( Leeds) do, wether it be the team or the owners.

Ir "rocket" rather than cricket (bloody predictive texting!!!)😡😡😡

At halftime last night i suspect MB said keep doing what you are doing but fecking score, exactly what we did, not sure why you keep having your two penneth worth cos you are the one that constantly berates everything we ( Leeds) do, wether it be the team or the owners.
    Like u said Pete, take the blinkers off. I don't berate everything, now or in that past, just that which I don't agree with or find unacceptable in terms of team performance.

Were you unquestioning in your support of Bates, GFH, or Cellino as owners? I suspect not, so does that mean you're not a "real" supporter ? I don't think so

As for looking forward, its only a small thing but have a look at the predictions for Millwall and who forecast a win, not many.

Like "I" said, jesus the phone's going in the bin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Like u said Pete, take the blinkers off. I don't berate everything, now or in that past, just that which I don't agree with or find unacceptable in terms of team performance.

Were you unquestioning in your support of Bates, GFH, or Cellino as owners? I suspect not, so does that mean you're not a "real" supporter ? I don't think so

As for looking forward, its only a small thing but have a look at the predictions for Millwall and who forecast a win, not many.
    Dont understand any of this, makes no sense.

Dont understand any of this, makes no sense.
    I'll try and simplify for you.

1. I do not "berate everything Leeds do" and if you took the blinkers off and had a look at what I actually wrote then you would see that because it's TRUE.

2. You seem to define a "true supporter" as unquestioning in support for the players simply because the manager/coach has selected them to play, irrespective of their performance, and for the owner and exec simply because they are the owner/exec, ditto as to performance. So did you support all of what Bates, GFH and Cellini did, or all the players they brought in? If not, are you a "true supporter"?

3. Despite what you say about my support of the club, I'm one of the few who forecast a win yesterday, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You espouse a spirit of tolerance, but as with BB (and others), you cant resist a dig at "certain people". Consistent I'll give you, just not quite as high-minded as you set out to be (why make the comment at all?).

It was indeed a good end result, and certain players showed they can deliver, I imagine we all want that to continue, let's hope it does.
    Just get bored when it descends into bickering tbh - we all need some of Clive’s positive outlook

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)