+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Wont be the same for any of us Andy, but.......there is no "end point" for the impacts of the virus across all parts of life, that anybody is willing to hang their hat on, e.g. HMG is today talking about over-70s self-isolating for MONTHS. So playing the remaining games (if that was what was decided) might mean doing so during what would normally be the close season, with no break between end of one season and start of another, hardly ideal.

The alternatives might be the standings "as is" determine promotion, but no relegation from ANY league, or the season is declared null and void and we start again.

Frankly, given where we have been, and where we are right now, I'd take a slightly "tainted" promotion, and lets see just what we can do to justify it in 2020/21
    I think they could do this:

* domestic leagues, cups and Euro cups run until Xmas 2020 to get them done, and Euros suspended.
    * new season 2020-21 starts in January 2021 and runs till Nov 2021 then Euros and close season.
    * season 2021-22 runs late from January 2022 to WC 2022 in December then close season.

They could say now that they would then revert to the old system of August starts, with a half season for season 2022-23 to get back on track. Or by then they might think playing through the summer works better anyway.

Obviously i mean this as across all football not just UK

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Obviously i mean this as across all football not just UK
    Simpler just to say no relegation, and the PL winner and promotion places in other divisions stay "as is". If teh same is adopted Europe wide, then the "level playing field" (no pun intended) is maintained

Simpler just to say no relegation, and the PL winner and promotion places in other divisions stay "as is". If teh same is adopted Europe wide, then the "level playing field" (no pun intended) is maintained
    We wouldn't call it level if we were third though in those circumstances. I think the season has to be finished no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    We wouldn't call it level if we were third though in those circumstances. I think the season has to be finished no matter what.
    Maybe, maybe not, but if we dont know when (or if) we will see games played, then how can we have ANY solution?

Just gone through the FA Rulebook to see where that 75% complete figure came from, cant find it! I suspect there might be a "cancel and void" suggestion coming up.

Maybe, maybe not, but if we dont know when (or if) we will see games played, then how can we have ANY solution?

Just gone through the FA Rulebook to see where that 75% complete figure came from, cant find it! I suspect there might be a "cancel and void" suggestion coming up.
    I think they need to play the games - everything in the media this weekend has moved to playing the games for commercial and fairness reasons. That's why i can see next season being delayed - for qualification for everything in future it needs to be fair. For commercial reasons FIFA can't afford not to have the games played.

I think they will just extend indefinitely until it's done, with a view to delaying next season.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)