+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Jack Grealish

O/T:- Jack Grealish

Jack Grealish has been directly involved in 16 goals across all competitions for Aston Villa this season (nine goals, seven assists), more than any other English Premier League midfielder.

Good lad I say!

And to think we let him slip through our fingers !!!
    I'm sure we could have signed him for twenty Rothmans and a packet of dry roasted !

He’s a joy to watch and absolutely must be part of the England setup.
    We don’t have another player like him and he’s only getting better.

At the time MacGregor picked up most of the plaudits as he scored the goals, but it was always clear Grealish was the class act of the two, particularly as he seemed so grounded. The word “glide” was used often to describe his method of passing defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    At the time MacGregor picked up most of the plaudits as he scored the goals, but it was always clear Grealish was the class act of the two, particularly as he seemed so grounded. The word “glide” was used often to describe his method of passing defenders.
    Totally agree.
    He reminds me of Gascoigne.
    Doesn’t rely on blistering pace but can glide past people like they aren’t there.
    I told a Villa mate when we had him on loan that he will one day play for England. He now thinks I should be a scout.
    I haven’t told him I probably said the same thing about Tom Ince, Ryan Yates, Kristien Pierce....and any other young English player that’s had a good game for Notts!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Totally agree.
    He reminds me of Gascoigne.
    Doesn’t rely on blistering pace but can glide past people like they aren’t there.
    I told a Villa mate when we had him on loan that he will one day play for England. He now thinks I should be a scout.
    I haven’t told him I probably said the same thing about Tom Ince, Ryan Yates, Kristien Pierce....and any other young English player that’s had a good game for Notts!
    Even scouts get it wrong mate! No point in talent without application, Grealish and the young gascoinge had both.

Jermaine pennant is a good example of talent without application. And he did have blistering pace.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Or Twinkletoes.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    He’s a joy to watch and absolutely must be part of the England setup.
    We don’t have another player like him and he’s only getting better.
    If a completely ordinary footballer like Declan Rice can make the England team, then Jack should be a shoo-in. I'll never forget how he celebrated with us at Oldham.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    If a completely ordinary footballer like Declan Rice can make the England team, then Jack should be a shoo-in. I'll never forget how he celebrated with us at Oldham.
    Totally agree.
    And Mason Mount

I liked the interview that Grealish gave to MOTD in which he was likening playing for Villa to playing with his mates when he was a kid. In this day and age it's fantastic to see somebody who really enjoys just playing football and not wishing they were on the golf course or on the playstation.

Troy Deeney is another PL player I have a lot of time for, fantastic character, a good old fashioned English type of player that we're seeing less and less of in the top flight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast