+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers put bids in

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Criticism of Warne is harsh.

I'm extremely glad that Warnie had the balls to bring Jerry back, as the man said himself " I am not running a charity here."

Other clubs do it to us all the time.

I honestly don't give a t oss about Yates career. I want to win promotion. Maybe Yates best bet is to knuckle down and try and earn a place. He could be our Kieran Agard, who scored a few important goals during the run in to our promotion campaign.

So put your lip back in Jerry and get grafting because you are very fortunate.
    Never thought I`d say this,but I agree with IBS !

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Warne is still talking of wanting a left winger as he feels neither Lamy or Clark could last 90 minutes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Yates been playing left wing/forward for Swindon whilst bagging 12 goals for them?

We know it's not a charity but what did his cameo appearance achieve at Posh? Where was he last night? He didn't even make the bench.
    His Mum wouldn't let him out.

We know it's not a charity but what did his cameo appearance achieve at Posh? Where was he last night? He didn't even make the bench.
    Strange decision to bring him on at Posh in injury time... which then meant if a club other than Swindon put a bid in for him (quite possible) he wouldn't be able to play for them if the bid was accepted. Absent last night... he could be injured or ill? Although that hasn't been reported as far as I know

Think Warney was gambling he may do a roy of the rovers last min equaliser stuff. Suppose there was no room for him on the bench with Vas back in the team and Freddie there last neet. Maybe he had the face on but what he has to think is that if we do get up he could be playing in the championship next season which he wouldnt be with swindon. Its up to him to score the goals to get us there when he gets the chance.

Warne is still talking of wanting a left winger as he feels neither Lamy or Clark could last 90 minutes.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Yates been playing left wing/forward for Swindon whilst bagging 12 goals for them?

I can understand Yates being brought back as cover after Morris left and Vassell got injured but the decision to play him for 12 minutes against Peterborough is baffling particularly as other clubs had expressed an interest in him.
    I hope Swindon do want him back otherwise his season is effectively finished and there are no winners in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I can understand Yates being brought back as cover after Morris left and Vassell got injured but the decision to play him for 12 minutes against Peterborough is baffling particularly as other clubs had expressed an interest in him.
    I hope Swindon do want him back otherwise his season is effectively finished and there are no winners in that scenario.
    my point exactly but this has drifted over some heads.....zzzzzzzzzzz

The Football League Hub
    @TheFLHub
    ·
    40m
    Rotherham striker Jerry Yates is set to return to Swindon in the coming days. Yates is currently second top scorer in league two behind Doyle (formally of Swindon, also a loan) despite playing on the wing and missing a few through recall. Happy #STFC fans if this comes off? #RUFC

Warne says we are not a charity but how many silly contracts have we given to cripples & the one that make me laugh is Lamy can’t play 16games for 90mins fecking hell I new men at 60 that worked ten hr shift down the pit.Yates is fit scored goal for a top of Lg 2 team a goal scoring winger & Warnes says he wants another winger something not right.

I'd love to see us trying to tie down Dan Barlaser.This kid would be an absolute diamond in the championship and whatever it cost us, it would be an excellent investment for the club.He clearly enjoys playing with this fantastic squad of players we have here and it is another good piece of business done by Scotty and co.We have at last got people on board who can recognise talent.Come on Tony,these people are proving their worth,let's give 'em the funds to do the business.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    His Mum wouldn't let him out.
    Good job it’s not silly’s mum she doesn’t like surprises.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast