+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan Barlaser

Dan Barlaser

I`ve been lucky to see some great creative midfielders play for RUFC over years.....John Seasman,Steve Thompson,Kevin Watson,Carl Robinson,Lee Frecklington,etc.
    But this lad is right up there,his passing is near faultless,coupled with superb vision,work-rate,and great set pieces,he just seems to have time to do what he wants,the sure sign of a top quality midfielder.
    Would be great to sign him,but I`m sure we couldn`t afford him,but failing that another loan next season would be nice !

Think if we got up we may get him another year on loan. He is certainly ready for the championship now if not higher. He's added a bit of steel in his play and doesn't go missing like he did at first. Think this is down to having more confidence. He is our play maker and him and Crookes on form must be the best CM pairing in this league now. Keep these 2 together for the remaining games and the future will be good.

If we go up we will have a chance of keeping him. Barlasser "the passer" played with Accrington in the bottom tier then moved to us, it is logical to think hisl next move up, will be to the championship.

In my opinion, he will play Premier League football. Absolutely superb. I get the feeling that he likes the Millers fans as well. Always goes right up to the stands to applaud the crowd after the game. Great to see.

Barlasers' time here definitely reminds me of the time we had Carl Robinson on loan. I seem to remember Robinson really enjoying his time with us too but we just couldn't match his wages back then. Lets hope we at least get the opportunity for a further loan if we don't get to buy him

After this season the next move for the lad is the Championship,he`s good enough.
    If we are promoted this season,then why not with us ?
    He has bought into the "Warne way",and is obviously enjoying being with us,so another year in downtown New York would be great for both parties.
    Must say,this seasons recruitment has been excellent,mainly young,untried players who we are currently improving,maybe Warne and his staff do know something.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJohn View Post
    Barlasers' time here definitely reminds me of the time we had Carl Robinson on loan. I seem to remember Robinson really enjoying his time with us too but we just couldn't match his wages back then. Lets hope we at least get the opportunity for a further loan if we don't get to buy him
    Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. He only ever played 14 games for us and that was 17 years ago so him being remembered in this way shows what an impact he had.

For Dan to progress he needs to stay with us another season in championship then he will be ready for first team football with Newcastle
    Makes sense to me