+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This lack of goal scoring is going to take us

This lack of goal scoring is going to take us

tumbling down the league unless the problem is addressed.

It's ok the super optimists saying look we are top half.

The realism is that we have had one win in the last five game where as three teams out of the bottom five have had twice that.

You only have to look at the run Southampton have had. A couple of months ago they were dead and buried certs for relegation and now have equal points to us.

Answer to that is that they are scoring goals and we are not. A few of the teams well below us are scoring frequently too.

Watch your back Bruce. You are in a false position.

By my view, as it stands it's taking us up the league.

And weirdly we may just hit the ground running in the latter half of the season. You just never know.

If we had a quality striker we would be in with a good chance of top 7/8 but not with joelinton leading the line, It just makes it totally crazy not to have brought one in last month

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    If we had a quality striker we would be in with a good chance of top 7/8 but not with joelinton leading the line, It just makes it totally crazy not to have brought one in last month
    Granted he hasn't scored many but sometimes a few changes can reap massive rewards for him.
    His overall game is good. He's clearly got something about him.
    All he needs is to be better provided on a more consistent basis and I believe/have hope, he will put a few away in this last few months, unless he's taken out of the firing line, which I doubt he will, for long.

The fact that we haven't played too many exciting games and the fact that we've struggled for goals from front men....I'd say being 10th is pretty good going, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Granted he hasn't scored many but sometimes a few changes can reap massive rewards for him.
    All he needs is to be better provided on a more consistent basis and I believe/have hope, he will put a few away in this last few months, unless he's taken out of the firing line, which I doubt he will, for long.

The fact that we haven't played too many exciting games and the fact that we've struggled for goals from front men....I'd say being 10th is pretty good going, considering.
    "Granted he hasn't scored many" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

by this time tomorrow we will be 11th or 12th in the bottom half

Quote Originally Posted by Milburn9 View Post
    "Granted he hasn't scored many" hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    You noticed as well, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    Maybe, but at this time we are 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    And still be a load of sh́te

[QUOTE=ghostrider;39424280]Granted he hasn't scored many but sometimes a few changes can reap massive rewards for him.

Christ where do you get this view from. He is woeful and what is this thing he has about him? Nobody except 3 posters on here rate him and i am beginning to think all 3 posters are one and the same person.
    Joelinton couldn't perform in the chimpo never mind the Prem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)