Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
The reason I suggested Graham up front is that we know he can do the target-man job. With Gallagher, it's still guesswork.
I take Champs' point that we need to find out, but we are still in with a chance of a play-off place, so I don't think we'll see too much in the way of experiment.
The official site seem to be suggesting/guessing that this will be the team:
Walton
Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Bell
Travis Downing Bennett
Gallagher Armstrong Holtby.
This exact same team need to make a push for the play-offs. Next season. Have a real good go at it. The likes of Bennett & Graham will not be part of that. So I just question the point. They don't improve us, they aren't the answer. They need to be moved on.
We need to find out now, who can come in next season. Forget Johnson, Benno and Graham. We need to be seeing what Davenport, Rankin Costello can do. And stick with Gallagher. People forget, it took Armstrong 12 months to get before we started the best of him. You have to stick with Gallagher. And the play offs this season should not be the aim. Or even a conversation. It would be a disaster going up. We need to aim to win as many games we can, with this young side. With the right balance of youth and experience, who still contributes.