+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T overkill

Perhaps their cough drops actually give you a cough?

The confirmed cases are in York where one of my stepsons and family live

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    This statistic might help account for it CAM

There are now 100 million Chinese people among the world's wealthiest 10% compared to 99 million Americans.
    Hi CT. The wealth in China is staggering. Ive seen massive changes in 10 years Ive going. The rich are extremely well off. There is,a fast growing middle class and the local workers are visibly better off.* Xi Jinping strategy to make working people in China better off is working.

There is a major change to upspec jobs so China is not always the low cost workshop to the world. Hauwei is a prime example where the company keep all the value in China. In the past, companies like Apple would outsourse the lowest value assembly part of the process to China and make the serious money in the US. Hauwei are syphoning world communication revenue away from Apple / America into China - which is probably why Trump is mounting the campaign against them.

Just as an anecdote you now see very many young people out at night dressed in premium western fashion brands with money to burn. Local restaurants and karaoke clubs have been replaced by international restaurants, cocktail bars and mega nightclubs with western club music - and the beer of choice is Bud!!

BTW I cross back into Hong Kong at Lok Ma Chau and Lo Wu regularly and take the mtr into Hung Hom (East TST). These are really busy crossing points and not as desolate as in your day!! Although my last stint out there before Christmas the border crossing and airport were like ghost towns due to the protests in HK - probably even worst now (and I understand the HK border with China has been shut).

Which Rugby club did you play for?

It’ll be a start if people used a tissue/hanky instead of sneezing/coughing all over people.
    At games you’ll find some actually spit on you when they shout 😡

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345