+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Not so brilliant.....

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Cherry Pie. kabar baik. yes late getting my PJM however at the time recieved a citation from the Queen. The Marines were involved in the Indonesian war quite heavily ever since we put down the Brunei rebellion. I spent over 5 years in the Far East. our main base was at Sembawang in Singapore HQ of 3 Commando Brigade. If you do get my book I have detailed an operation I took part in Biawak Sarawak. I worked on oil rigs all around the world after leaving the Marines I did hear about Najib Razak.
    A very good mate of mine was in the Royal Marines and went on to work on the oil rigs..his initials are GL..you may or may not know him Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    A very good mate of mine was in the Royal Marines and went on to work on the oil rigs..his initials are GL..you may or may not know him Claw.
    Rev.I met a few Marines who had gone to work on the rigs but I would need more to go on. I got my job after meeting some oilmen in a Singapore bar who said they were looking for people.So I called the head office in London when I got back.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Rev.I met a few Marines who had gone to work on the rigs but I would need more to go on. I got my job after meeting some oilmen in a Singapore bar who said they were looking for people.So I called the head office in London when I got back.
    Well I can't say his real name as its not my place but he saw action like yourself but he is from Rotherham.

The marines in the US and I am fairly certain the UK are the bad asses of the military . The first in combat and often the ones left to clean up messes left by our rulers. They get some of the toughest assignments. They are also some of the best and bravest aviators. They support ground troops and they are in bullet and rocket range almost all the time. My dad loved the sight of a marine pilot coming in for ground support. Never a safe or easy assignment for them.

Thank you for your service. I can speak for many that the goofing was in good fun and not disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    The marines in the US and I am fairly certain the UK are the bad asses of the military . The first in combat and often the ones left to clean up messes left by our rulers. They get some of the toughest assignments. They are also some of the best and bravest aviators. They support ground troops and they are in bullet and rocket range almost all the time. My dad loved the sight of a marine pilot coming in for ground support. Never a safe or easy assignment for them.

Thank you for your service. I can speak for many that the goofing was in good fun and not disrespectful.
    Thank you Spaldy. I respect what you say and you are right, 1st in and last out could well be the unofficial motto of the Marines. Take care now.

My dad was a Royal Marine commando during the war ,he was badly wounded during the Dieppe Raid in 1942 and spent 9 months in hospital before he was discharged.. He was as tough as old boots .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    My dad was a Royal Marine commando during the war ,he was badly wounded during the Dieppe Raid in 1942 and spent 9 months in hospital before he was discharged.. He was as tough as old boots .
    Those men were all Heroes Alf. it was almost a suicide mission, the Canucks lost a lot. But your Dad was a special kind of man.

P.S. Ian Fleming was on that raid. one of the Naval intelligence officers.

not many made it back from that Dieppe raid.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)