+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T serious question about veggies

Not only look like meat but also taste like meat. Why? Probably because they are really trying to market their product to meat eaters rather than vegetarians.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses, is there any evidence of them 'pushing it' or is it just anecdotal? I walk past one or two groups of them here every day (they have setups at all our transit centres) and not once in 15 years has a single one of them ever pushed anything at me. Likewise they come to my house, I open the door and politely say not today thank you and they leave (that might be Mormons as well). I've also had friends that are Jehovah's Witnesses and on no occasion have they ever tried to 'convert' me.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not only look like meat but also taste like meat. Why? Probably because they are really trying to market their product to meat eaters rather than vegetarians.

As for Jehovah's Witnesses, is there any evidence of them 'pushing it' or is it just anecdotal? I walk past one or two groups of them here every day (they have setups at all our transit centres) and not once in 15 years has a single one of them ever pushed anything at me. Likewise they come to my house, I open the door and politely say not today thank you and they leave (that might be Mormons as well). I've also had friends that are Jehovah's Witnesses and on no occasion have they ever tried to 'convert' me.
    I won't go to veggie houses trying to convert them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    or their kids, not much free choice there.

Mind you, some numb nuts even take them on political demos
    or even make them watch RUFC

Those vegan types are worse

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Those vegan types are worse

Lots of veggies don't eat meat on principle, and it has nowt to do with taste. I'm delighted that there has been a huge increase in options as many veggies are also not health nuts. I love the new Greggs options, and Burger King/KFC are good too. Never been a huge vaggie fan and that makes it harder if you don't eat meat. Great to buy vegan bacon, sossies and burgers with meaty tastes. Simply cos they taste nice, have fast food thing yet don't involve death. But whoever said above that they are also luring in meat eaters with these options too is a pretty solid answer to why these options are out there - there's big money in it now.

I know loads of veggies and vegans and there are a few obsessive preacher cranks but most just get on with it as a personal decision. By far the majority. Re: kids, we give our 7 year old the option of eating meat but haven't avoided the discussion of where meat comes from and she chooses veggie options. Although she turns a blind eye to the gelatine in jelly babies etc! She might change her mind as she gets older, but it's up to her. She eats fish though the murdering bitch...

Can't veggies just have wafer thin ham?

I know loads of veggies and vegans and there are a few obsessive preacher cranks
    My brother is one of the vegan preacher cranks, he’s concerned with animal welfare which is a good agenda, I once asked him:

If you eat all the plants won’t the animals will starve to death?
    What about the animals that are killed by other animals for food, what about their animal rights?
    What is the capital city of his planet?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    My brother is one of the vegan preacher cranks, he’s concerned with animal welfare which is a good agenda, I once asked him:

If you eat all the plants won’t the animals will starve to death?
    What about the animals that are killed by other animals for food, what about their animal rights?
    What is the capital city of his planet?
    I can see by the logical cohesion of your questions that you must have pinned him to the floor!

I trust he told you to **** off you stupid ignorant tory ****?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I can see by the logical cohesion of your questions that you must have pinned him to the floor!

I trust he told you to **** off you stupid ignorant tory ****?
    ..well words to that effect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast