+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phew...back to winning ways ?

Phew...back to winning ways ?

Not the best of opposition, but we may only beat the teams in front of us !
    An important confidence builder with evident team spirit, despite Bartley’s gesticulations endeavouring to apportion blame. He really must avoid playing out from the back with his ‘hospital’ pass...very nearly cost us AGAIN on more than one occasion. Still he made a number of decent headers, but his set piece defending / marking is dire. BUT a clean sheet.
    AJ looked competent and must now be the 1st choice central defender.
    O’Shea disappointed me. I was hoping for better, but he looked 2nd rate and slow when challenged. Furlong should be our 1st choice over him and the latter looked composed when he came on to ‘replace’ Phillips.
    Charlie put himself about and created some scoring opportunities which he could not complete. I thought Kanu looked more threatening when he came on.
    Johnno did what was asked of him...which was little.
    Townsend had one of his better games.
    Callum’s debut was good, ‘made’ the own goal (Charlie would have got it’ and had a couple of scoring chances. Decent signing methinks.
    Krovonic was busy and apart from unnecessarily losing possession a couple of time, had a decent game.
    Livermore popped up occasionally and Matty provided a periodic threat.
    Sawyers never quite fulfilled his promise today and needlessly lost possession in dangerous positions. Demonstrates an ability to spot a defence splitting pass which happened a couple of times.
    All in all...great to return to winning ways.
    Enjoying a Coteaux Bourguignons by way of celebration!

I don't think Luton created a dangerous situation during the entire 90 mins. Every chance they got came from our sloppy passing or losing possession in dangerous positions. I did not relax during the game until the second goal and even after that we conspired to try and help them back into the game. We had some good attacks that just either petered out or fell foul of an awful cross or pass. Phillips put one quality cross into the box in the second half which led to the goal the others and corners were awful. On the plus side Robinson looked a decent player and could have had a debut goal. Glad Pereira is available again and having Grosicki to replace Phillips when he is tiring and hopefully Diangana back we might pick up where we left off against Swansea.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Not the best of opposition, but we may only beat the teams in front of us !
    An important confidence builder with evident team spirit, despite Bartley’s gesticulations endeavouring to apportion blame. He really must avoid playing out from the back with his ‘hospital’ pass...very nearly cost us AGAIN on more than one occasion. Still he made a number of decent headers, but his set piece defending / marking is dire. BUT a clean sheet.
    AJ looked competent and must now be the 1st choice central defender.
    O’Shea disappointed me. I was hoping for better, but he looked 2nd rate and slow when challenged. Furlong should be our 1st choice over him and the latter looked composed when he came on to ‘replace’ Phillips.
    Charlie put himself about and created some scoring opportunities which he could not complete. I thought Kanu looked more threatening when he came on.
    Johnno did what was asked of him...which was little.
    Townsend had one of his better games.
    Callum’s debut was good, ‘made’ the own goal (Charlie would have got it’ and had a couple of scoring chances. Decent signing methinks.
    Krovonic was busy and apart from unnecessarily losing possession a couple of time, had a decent game.
    Livermore popped up occasionally and Matty provided a periodic threat.
    Sawyers never quite fulfilled his promise today and needlessly lost possession in dangerous positions. Demonstrates an ability to spot a defence splitting pass which happened a couple of times.
    All in all...great to return to winning ways.
    Enjoying a Coteaux Bourguignons by way of celebration!
    Great post Prando just how I seen it I thought Robinson was a breath of fresh air & had more shots at goal than all the team put together in the last 4 game but back to reality but without Pereira & Diangana we are a very very average side , even Luton today got me & every Albion fan in the ground sitting on the edge our seats on more than one occasion & they were a poor side , & I say that with no disrespect to any Luton fans .

We’ve beaten a really poor team.

Get a grip FFS.

P1-5s poor opposition but God did we need that win. My pucka piece was still going half a crown/sixpence until that second went in.
    Johnston wasn’t tested once, thankfully, had that one ‘goal’ not been scratched off it would have been 1-1 for ages, then who knows if that second would have came. To think we could have drawn against them is unthinkable.
    Nowhere near good enough but relieved we got three points and liked the look of Robinson. He likes a shot, looks lively on the ball, gets a ball over, thumbs up from me👍🏻

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)