+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm.in shock, Queens sign Lithuanian internationalist

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    George Hamilton

How about ex - Queens managers who were capped for Scotland
    Willie Hunter, Frank McGarvey, Davie Wilson.

Some great answers to this thread. Nice work JRS. Welcome back

Ftivano will like this one. I thought I had another name of a Scottish cap that played for Queens and would outfox you pal. I read that Charlie Johnson ( ex Rangers) Queens winger had been in the Scotland squad for the trip to Wembley in 1942. However, on looking at the starting 11, his name wasnt there and I dont think subs came on then ( someone may clarify if subs were allowed then?) So near but no cigar ��
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 31-01-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Ftivano will like this one. I thought I had another name of a Scottish cap that played for Queens and would outfox you pal. I read that Charlie Johnson ( ex Rangers) Queens winger had been in the Scotland squad for the trip to Wembley in 1942. However, on looking at the starting 11, his name wasnt there and I dont think subs came on then ( someone may clarify if subs were allowed then?) So near but no cigar ��

i mentioned the legend hughie gallacher earlier on the thread ,what about ivor brodis .brodis was england tho lol .

lol did cammy bell no get a cap im sure he got at least 1 cap

Legendary Dave Halliday

I thought why has no one mentioned Dumfries lad and a legend at places such as Leicester, Aberdeen and Sunderland. one of Sunderland's greatest ever goalscorers and one of the greatest ever in the English "premier" league. Then I read he was never capped for Scotland. You lads must have had some tremendous strikers in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by daveblackcat View Post
    I thought why has no one mentioned Dumfries lad and a legend at places such as Leicester, Aberdeen and Sunderland. one of Sunderland's greatest ever goalscorers and one of the greatest ever in the English "premier" league. Then I read he was never capped for Scotland. You lads must have had some tremendous strikers in those days.
    Hi Dave, are you the guy that writes in the programme?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    lol did cammy bell no get a cap im sure he got at least 1 cap
    Yes Dougal - 1 cap in 2010 v Faroe Islands

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    Willie Hunter, Frank McGarvey, Davie Wilson.
    George Herd, John Connolly, Jackie Husband and, of course, as well as playing Joe Dodds, Bobby Shearer, George Farm also managed the Doonhamers. Does Ally McLeod count ? - he did play and score in a reserve game for Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    George Herd, John Connolly, Jackie Husband and, of course, as well as playing Joe Dodds, Bobby Shearer, George Farm also managed the Doonhamers. Does Ally McLeod count ? - he did play and score in a reserve game for Queens

lol ftivano i was at that reserve game sitting up the back of the stand with soupy ,del andy hunter and one of them think it was soupy brought along his electrick heater to plug in the old media plug sockets at back of stand loool im sure we were about 6/0 down or something v queens park when ally scored a late penalty for us ,am i remembering right ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)