+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home to Burton

Home to Burton

Burton are a club I would never gamble on, never know how their games are going to go but hopefully we can get the 3 points at home this Saturday

We also have a bucket collection for this game.

Saturday’s fixture against Burton Albion is dedicated to charity and EFL partners, Mind, and the work they do to raise the awareness of mental health.

Rotherham United are right behind Mind, and as a football club we want to ensure that we do all we can to help people understand what mental health is.

Our matchday programme ‘Rotherham’s New Yorker’ also features a special front cover in support of the ‘Have Your Mate’s Back Campaign’, with more images of the first team squad appearing inside to reiterate the club’s commitment to the ensuring that there is always a healthy atmosphere around the training ground.

representatives from Mind will be present this afternoon and they are holding a bucket collection, so please give as much as you can to support the work that the charity are doing locally in Rotherham, but also in the wider community.

“I talk all the time about how highly I regard the well-being of my players away from the football pitch and I am a huge admirer of the fantastic work done by Mind,” Paul Warne explained.

So folks, have a mind to dip deep into your pocket

There’s also a minute’s applause being arranged for a season ticket holder that died this week.

54th minute I think.

Be careful before donating, make sure it’s a mind bucket and not some that actually sneak in with other collection that have not been given permission from the club

Rotherham United v Burton Albion
    WILL FINNIE
    Robert Atkin and Wade Smith
    Fourth Official : Ian Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Be careful before donating, make sure it’s a mind bucket and not some that actually sneak in with other collection that have not been given permission from the club
    Particularly the blue ones with an owl on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Rotherham United v Burton Albion
    WILL FINNIE
    Robert Atkin and Wade Smith
    Fourth Official : Ian Dudley
    Only reffed 4 games in L1 this season with rest L2 or cup/trophy games

24 games = 89 yellows and 2 reds

It’s going to be a ****e day

Sounds like a ref that will be susceptible to being conned by the divers and general cheats.

Smith is likely to be battered from the first whistle

Wow! a football thread....

We've only beat Burton once on home soil (including DVS) which confirms my suspicion that they are something of a bogey team for us. That one win was of course the 3-0 win on that wonderful day in August 2012, the first ever league game at our beloved NYS. Burton were merely lambs to the slaughter that day.
    It was a surreal experience seeing 11000 Rotherham fans packed in, when you've been used to 3000 at Millmoor and Don Valley.
    Now we're averaging a steady 8500, I sometimes wonder where the extra 2500 fans disappeared to and if they'll ever come back? Only an handful of times have we had our own fans sharing the south stand.

Anyway, Burton. Well organised, hard to beat and in all fairness a decent team. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of 'after the Lord mayor's show', rarely do we play that well twice in a row. I'll take an ugly flukey undeserved win though if needs be.

However my feeling is we will win 2-0. Crooks and Vassell the scorers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast