+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Big Brexit Bash

My Big Brexit Bash

I wanted to do something for all those Remain chaps and chapesses who will be absolutely devastated tomorrow night as we leave behind their beloved, sclerotic, dysfunctional, anti-democratic, horrendously expensive, corrupt, protectionist, bureaucratic nightmare that is the European Union. So I've invited everyone of them, all who fought so hard to destroy democracy in our green and pleasant land, round to mine for a celebration, there will be champagne, fireworks, singing, dancing, lots of taking the piss and pie and peas, oh and endless YouTube re-runs of Sir Nigel of Farage telling the European Parliament and the assembled lackeys therein exactly what they can do with their EU, and if I can find a recording of it somewhere, Big Ben will be Bonging in the Ribble Valley as well.

I've sent out invites to the following, David Cameron, George Osborne, Phillip Hammond, Theresa May, Dominic Grieve, Anna Soubry, Sarah Woolaston, Jo Swinson, John Bercow, Tony Blair, John Major, Lady Hale and all of her Supreme Court colleagues, Ken Clarke, Michael Heseltine, Alastair Campbell, Lord Adonis, Mark Carney, all at the BBC and of course their brothers and sisters at the Guardian, Christine Lagarde, Gina Miller, Barack Obama, Benedict Cumberbatch, Steve Coogan, Olly Roberts, Emmanual Macron, Guy Verhofstadt, Michel Barnier, Jean-Claude Juncker, Donald Tusk, Chukka Umunna, Emily Thornberry, Oliver Letwin, Ed Davey, Nick Clegg and every LibDem member, including my good friend 1959-60, who can actually bear to get out of bed tomorrow, although my advice to them would be, don't bother, stay sulking under the duvet cover all day, no one will miss you.

Unfortunately not one of them has had the decency to reply yet, so I have no idea how many to cater for, but it's not surprising, decency and Remainers don't make good bedfellows, any road, if none avail themselves of typical Brexiteer hospitality, it'll just be more pie and peas for me and Mrs S.

There was one decision outstanding, I have an excellent stock of Pol Roger and Bollinger, which one was to go in the fridge ? There could only be one winner, in deference to the good, but losing, fight put up by my LibDem chums, it had to be,

BOLLY TO BREXIT

Can I come..lol

What kind of pies are they?

Of course you can Alf, do you want a cheese and onion growler or steak and kidney ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    What kind of pies are they?
    See above, you're most welcome 59, but I really think you should you should stop in bed mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    See above, you're most welcome 59, but I really think you should you should stop in bed mon ami.
    Just as I thought.

You know as much about pies as you do politics..IE, nowt.

A Growler is a meat, usually pork, pie. no such thing as a cheese and onion growler.

You can shove your pies right up your arse while I remain in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Just as I thought.

You know as much about pies as you do politics..IE, nowt.

A Growler is a meat, usually pork, pie. no such thing as a cheese and onion growler.

You can shove your pies right up your arse while I remain in bed.
    Apparently they call pork pies growlers in Yorkshire nowadays, but wtf do they know, I was buying the best C&O growlers in England on Brennand Street over 40 years ago, any and every pie was a growler back then.

Then yer wurnt browt oop reet.

This site is the last word on pies. Truly the pie eaters Bible.

https://www.lifeofpies.co.uk/buy/growler-watch/

4.31 and the Child Bride is baking her marvellous home made steak and kidney pies, with the meat marinated in English stout.

I have already hung the flags and bunting.

Brownhill is in, Wells has left the building, Arsenal are in for a thrashing, God's in His heaven and we are out of the EU.

Does life really get any better than this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)