+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's all atsu or nothing

It's all atsu or nothing

Well the young Newcastle winger atsu is the man we want but he has interested Celtic and forest.
    He is a talent but we have strong competition there.

And.....its nothing.
    Not overly concerned as we should look to blood some of our promising youth ready for next season.
    Rankin Costello,Davenport and Buckley to a certain degree all need minutes under their belt,in readiness for next season.
    This is a play off sniff,next season we should be making the push for promotion.

Rankin Costello is our future.
    What we just don't need at this club is some over paid Prem footballer, with a questionable attitude.
    Joe has showed alot of maturity in the games he has been introduced. And needs games. We need to introduce him more regularly and at the right times. Because his form will be erratic as a young player.
    He will only do all this, by having a clear pathway into the 1st team. Not being blocked by an overpaid Prem flop.
    Travis is worth about £5m+ right here & now.
    We know that because he has played. And we didn't get someone to block his chances of playing. If they are good enough, show faith, like with Trav. And you find out of they are good enough. We didnt need this Atsu and in glad it didnt happen.
    I'd have liked to see Brereton go out on loan for the rest of the season. He needs to start scoring goals again. And he won't get that chance in Rovers first team.

Cant argue with any of that phill.
    We need to be building a future,without the need to throw money we dont have in a hope we go up.
    Nyambe
    Lenihan
    Travis
    Davenport
    Rankin Costello
    Vale
    Butterworth
    There is a bright future for this club
    Of course in the summer we will need to smartly recruit but with so many bright hopefuls coming in and through,the future is looking ok.

I agree with both of you.
    And I still have this nagging thought at the back of my mind that we shouldn't be writing Chapman off.
    Something has clearly gone wrong with him, but can he really have regressed so much that he's not even in contention?

The whole transfer thing has become more and more farcical:
    ...a 50 million price-tag on Josh King's head...
    ...Man. Utd. scrabbling to sign a 30-year-old striker who has been playing in China!

Bizarre.

When Sean dyche first joined Burnley, they didn't have a pot to piss in. He had to sell their only proven asset in Charlie Austin and was forced to play the promising young players his predecessor Eddie Howe had assembled.

You know the rest.

I'm behind Rovers and our fledglings all the way. For me it's as exciting as new signings to see how they progress anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    When Sean dyche first joined Burnley, they didn't have a pot to piss in. He had to sell their only proven asset in Charlie Austin and was forced to play the promising young players his predecessor Eddie Howe had assembled.

You know the rest.

I'm behind Rovers and our fledglings all the way. For me it's as exciting as new signings to see how they progress anyway.
    Good points, Saxo. Have a look at what I've written on the other current thread. I'd be interested to see what you, Robin and Champs think.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)