+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #Project 250

Great stuff - we have reached the £250k in confirmed contributions! #Project250 #COYR

Congratulations everyone!

Can I just say that I think it's fantastic to raise the 250K, and what that means for the club. To get Hassall out was a priority.
    But, I'm confused having read the sales documents, as to why people have put money in. I had every intention of "investing " until i read the document.
    There is no interest accruable on the shares, they cannot be sold, they will not rise in value, they will be worthless if things go pearshaped.
    Am I correct in thinking that the less than £1000 donators have simply given that money to the club/supporters thingy, and £1000 plus get a lifetime free 2 course meal in return?
    This to me is not an investment, contrary to what it continually sales in the sales pitch.
    Am I totally misreading this?
    Am I being a bit thick....not re the need for it, but the general concept?
    250K...400 contributors , so the average contributor is about £625. That means the average punter has 2 years benefits ( whatever that means) and no free meals?
    Please enlighten me.

The above was all explained at the supporters meeting and it was pointed out that this was not an investment. You can basically say bye bye to your money. However as the board had managed to get NH to sell it was suggested that a place on the board for the supporters would be a great idea. It gives the supporter a chance to invest in the club

The money gives you a vote at the supporters meeting for making suggestions on how to run the club etc
    I doubt the average supporter even put up £250 but perhaps 5 of them put in £50 each
    I would suggest that some people or businesses possibly gave more that £1000 in order to hit the target.

I thought it was a great idea in order to stop another NH fiasco and the guys who organised it deserve a lot of praise on doing this as they and Charles Grant put a lot of effort in it.
    If you are looking for a return on your money do not do this but if you want to have a say in how the club is run then this is for you.
    They are still collecting by the way.

Does it include a free match day ticket for X years? That could be worth something for younger members but its always the case that shareholders may lose all their money if it goes pearshape.

How is the club to be run any differently if the playing budget is to remain the same? Hassall seems to be the only winner...again!

What happened to that money the club gave him that wasn't paid back ie some was but all of it?

Where does the ground and car park fit in?

Anyone read the book 'Animal Farm'...by George Orwell?

One erm set of owners of the Farm were replaced by erm another set of owners with all the minnions remaining as they were... In fact some ended up at the glue factory!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-02-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks for clearing that up, I must say I had the same questions as JimmyB and similar reservations about being part of it. Whilst I agree that it has been, and remains, an opportunity to secure the future of the club, I have reservations about why a wealthy investor who has invested £250k in the club will presumably be able to sell that share in the future but the smaller man or woman will not be able to or, presumably, will not be able to pass that vote on to family when they die.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to save the club, but it’s not equitable and that will have put potential contributors like JimmyB and I from joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, I must say I had the same questions as JimmyB and similar reservations about being part of it. Whilst I agree that it has been, and remains, an opportunity to secure the future of the club, I have reservations about why a wealthy investor who has invested £250k in the club will presumably be able to sell that share in the future but the smaller man or woman will not be able to or, presumably, will not be able to pass that vote on to family when they die.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to save the club, but it’s not equitable and that will have put potential contributors like JimmyB and I from joining in.
    There is another worry to consider..

DA was suggesting that now we have a new set of Directors including some existing ones that monies needed to run the club would be more spread around than the two or three that were doing so at the moment...The obvious questions are If that was the case then the club/academy is losing money and no new money coming in from the Jan window suggests that may well continue and thus the new Directors/Shareholders may be asked to cough up more and more. Its easy to foreget the academy is costing £760K per season. Promotion is essential to increase the potential of player sales and FA contributions for being in L1..

IF they are saying that 'some' shareholders can sell their shares and not others eg smaller ones then that is a no no and would have put many fans off as seen here on this thread.

Its strange really when you look at the highlights of matches in L2 the vast areas of empty seats in most grounds and that has to be the cost of tickets among others and that is not likely to change much is it? Was it Salford that has match day tickets around a fiver? Maybe we will have to get back to players getting more the average industrial wage per week? ie as they used to actually!

I suspect when we couldn't beat Barnsley in the FA cup ie a lower league Championship club then the scouts at Gresty Road would suggest to their clubs that none of our players were up to that level or is that being too harsh?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-02-2020 at 03:27 PM.

Well you can look at this how you want, but I think it is a great opportunity for the fans to have a say in their club.
    It isn't a money making scheme so if that worries you go and put it in a savings account at 0.5%.
    You might make money if Sheik Alotofcash want to say pay £20 million and we decided to sell our bit but that is not what it is intended for.
    Trouble was NH along with another directors shares controlled over 75% of the club so could do what he wanted. This way nobody can do that again.
    As far as I am aware the deal includes everything, ground car park etc which should mean more money for the club.

I am just a supporter who thought it was a great idea but can I suggest you go to the Railwaymans site and ask them these questions

Also with Hassall out existing members of the board (like Charles Grant) who wanted to put money in, but not just for it to go to Norm, will feel able to if they still have spare cash after buying their £250k.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast