+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #Project 250

What a bucket of cold water you are mike, the club is entering a very exciting time in its history and all you do is find fault, none of us expects to get any and money back we have done it because we love the club. We sit second in the league with a huge pool of talented youngsters most of which have come through the academy. You infer that the academy cost £760k a year, so what, that amount wouldn't buy you a clapped out Championship player. Yes you are being a bit harsh regarding the Barnsley match the game could have easily gone either way.

Well said, Crouton. My issue is not making money from the purchase of shares and I don’t believe that Mr Grant and others have done so with the intent of making money (unlike Mr Hassall who seemed intent on stripping cash from the club). And it is quite right that he and others should not buy their shares, put money in to cover temporary losses (and presumably be repaid when a profit is made) and see that investment mysteriously finding its way into one of Mr Hassall’s companies. As I said above, my only comment is about the differing types of investment/gifts being made.

As far as Mike is concerned, how good it is to see that he will shoehorn his view of the Avademy into any thread he can! Totally ignoring the fact that in the last two wins we had 5 and 6 Academy graduates in the starting 11, plus Wintle and Jaaskaleinen, neither of whom would have come to Crewe if we didn’t have it I would venture to suggest - plus 3 and 6 more respectively on the bench. And that these players’ wages will be somewhere between a half and a tenth of any we’d have to buy in. It’s economics, old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Well said, Crouton. My issue is not making money from the purchase of shares and I don’t believe that Mr Grant and others have done so with the intent of making money (unlike Mr Hassall who seemed intent on stripping cash from the club). And it is quite right that he and others should not buy their shares, put money in to cover temporary losses (and presumably be repaid when a profit is made) and see that investment mysteriously finding its way into one of Mr Hassall’s companies. As I said above, my only comment is about the differing types of investment/gifts being made.

As far as Mike is concerned, how good it is to see that he will shoehorn his view of the Avademy into any thread he can! Totally ignoring the fact that in the last two wins we had 5 and 6 Academy graduates in the starting 11, plus Wintle and Jaaskaleinen, neither of whom would have come to Crewe if we didn’t have it I would venture to suggest - plus 3 and 6 more respectively on the bench. And that these players’ wages will be somewhere between a half and a tenth of any we’d have to buy in. It’s economics, old chap.
    Hear hear Aston. The word "blinkered" comes to mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123