+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Qos v Pars

Were doomed

We were the better team in the first half but in the 2nd midfield had collapsed by 65th minute and Johnston decided to ignore the fact and it bit us on the rear again.
    Ultimately it was Johnstons fault for garbage team selection.

Why does he not like Semple?

No idea as Semple scored early at Ayr in Queens last win at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    No idea as Semple scored early at Ayr in Queens last win at the end of last year.
    Last week the manager played Brownlie when the lad was set on Partick, and this week with the match evenly balanced at 2-2 but suddenly swinging towards Dunfermline, - he refused to play any subs?

What is the matter with Johnson?

I'd have put on the local lad and Semple with 20 minutes to go and we'd be at least looking at a draw.

I also have to ask, - why after the first corner, - did we not put someone on the posts?

Starting to lose patience with the management now, Playing to many players out of position and leaving our most experienced available CB back on the bench today takes the biscuit... The paying fans deserve to know why. Echo Jardi comments regarding subs today he should have brought on Semple & Irving to freshen things up moving Wilson to his best position in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Starting to lose patience with the management now, Playing to many players out of position and leaving our most experienced available CB back on the bench today takes the biscuit... The paying fans deserve to know why. Echo Jardi comments regarding subs today he should have brought on Semple & Irving to freshen things up moving Wilson to his best position in midfield.
    Listening to AJ post match last night, he has exactly the same comments as last weekend after the Alloa game and yet never played any subs in both matches so it is his own fault Queens gained zero points from six, when they could have had at least two points.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    His man management skills are terrible and for not the first this season he’s hung Semple out to dry.

As the eternal optimist on this site, as Francis knows only too well, - I have to say that even my patience has been eaten away. Hopefully Alan Johnson is checking the opinions and reassessing how he sets up his stall.

There is absolutely no excuse for not bringing on subs, whether they are fully fit or not, - 15 - 20 minutes of fresh legs and fresh ideas can make all the difference.

Instead of mouthing off to the Dunfermline players, Sandy Clark should have been urging Johnson to change things up, - because at that point (about 5 minutes after the penalty) Dunfermline were in free fall, and with several bookings as well, young Irving could have caused havoc running at their rattled defenders.

But hey, I'm not the manager!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    His man management skills are terrible and for not the first this season he’s hung Semple out to dry.
    Dunfermline fans on P and B site saying Magic repeating exactly what happened when in charge of the Fifers - bright enough at the beginning of his spell there but then downhill all the way with the support turning against him.

I followed Johnson's inability to change things while at Dunfermline by reading their reports. I find it incredible that people keep making the same mistakes, - even though they know it will end in failure.

Just exactly what point is he trying to make though? If by resisting making substitutions, he is trying to tell the BOD he has no-one to bring on, - he's kind of missed the boat, - because the window has slammed shut.

If he is resisting the temptation to bring on subs to make a point, - then I'm afraid he's certainly proved his point with the Queens fans and his stubbornness will become his downfall.

Football is like a game of chess with 22 living pieces, and if you fail to make the right moves at the right time you lose your Queen and ultimately the match.

At 4.27 pm last night I said to my father, - this is an intriguing game which could go either way, - but the manager must make a move now, - or he'll end up with the same result as last week.

Not only is Johnson losing his Queens,(as per at chess) - he is going to lose Queens their Championship status if he doesn't start utilising all his options.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)