+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Qos v Pars

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Having had my fill of the continuous ramblings of Francis and the general ineptitude of Albertz resulting in the cessation of any decent discussions on this site anymore I will take my leave until the situation improves. Adios amigos.
    Very sad indeed. ☹️

lol why you posting this its gone and forgotten truthhurts that thread is now done and dusted the people that have left have said there fairwells .

Quote Originally Posted by qosdreamer View Post
    I agree with most others we picked the wrong team.Magic seemed to pick who he thinks his best 11 players were rather than the best team.Semple should have played if he is uninjured.I thought Devine and Wilson actually done a lot of decent things in the game but both are lacking the physical attributes that was shown particularly at the winner.The second goal was brutal play from the moment Hamilton heads it out for a throw from practically on the touchline.Holty can see it all and should tell Hamilton to leave it.Holt then tells Pybus to come out and mark.Pybus marks nobody the Pars work an easy 3 on 2,whip in a cross that Lyon heads out for a needless corner.We then drop the runner and we are behind in the last play of the half.
    For the second week a team has to do nothing fancy to score 3 goals and leave with 3 points.It is worrying that the Pars score the winner in 82 minutes and half the home crowd jack it and there is not much from the team to claw it back.
    Magic has had his hands tied by budget and the loss of McCrorie and El Bak but he must try and get a settled team and defence from now on in.I would ditch the front 3 to get an extra man to help an overrun midfield.The whole team needs to be further up the park to enable Dobbie and others to hurt the opposition.
    Positives were a vast improvement in Devine in just 7 days and Wilson takes a lot of responsibility and is at least willing to try something different.
    Us punters must stick with the team and give more backing on match days.We are certainly in a dogfight as the league is so tight but we can turn it around.
    Come on Queens.
    Despite the budget woes, I still believe we have a good side. Wilson and Pybus would prove a willing and dogged centre partnership that wouldnt be pushed around. It was obvious a midfield involving Paton and Kidd would start to fizzle out as the game went on. Paton because he just isnt at this level of sharpness now and Kidd with his lack of games. Looks like Calum Semple is on his way out. A shame, he proved how good he was, fell back a long way but looked to be on the road back only for the ultimate snub. One obvious downside was the decision by Gerrard to recall McCrorie. Now, if Rangers were suffering injury to any of their keepers then fair enough. This wasnt the case though and we have just got to soldier on in the number one position with what we have.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 02-02-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Semple on his way out will depend on if AJ makes it till the end of the season.
    I actually agree, we have a pretty decent squad once everyone is fit and the two new players get their paperwork sorted.

Obviously our keeper is a downgrade and we just have to accept defence will take time to gel.
    Imo the main problems yesterday came from midfield as a result of the poor team selection.

Wait a minute here guys. Our new keeper is pretty decent in my opinion and I reckon that Devine was man of the match yesterday, - closely followed by Wilson. The players did not let us down, - it was the management and I cannot stress this enough.

For two weeks running, - appalling decisions were made with regards to substitutions or lack of them, - and I cannot for the life of me understand why a young local boy was not thrown on along with a big strong lad to salvage something after going 3-2 down! Personally, - they should have been on the park at 2-2 when Dunfermline were losing the tattie over the penalty (that shouldn't have been given) and Sandy Clark was having a petulant rant with an opposing player.

Anyway, - enough said on this matter, - its up to the management to admit their own mistakes and get it sorted for next week, - but I doubt they will...….after all just who do these impudent fans think they are?...………………. Only your pay masters sires...….and please remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    You would think with his playing experience and managerial stature thus far that AJ would know what to do?
    Just to rub salt into the wounds the Dunfermline manager Stevie Crawford is quoted in the papers '' It's crazy as we hadn't scored a goal from a set - piece ALL season - then 3 in one game ''

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Just to rub salt into the wounds the Dunfermline manager Stevie Crawford is quoted in the papers '' It's crazy as we hadn't scored a goal from a set - piece ALL season - then 3 in one game ''
    Surprise Surprise that they jumped on Queens weakest link.

Poor referee/assistants decisions didn't help either. The first "corner" they scored from should have been a goal-kick but we still should have defended it better. The second goal on the stroke of half time was a peach, Wilson lost his man but it was a great finish, but a defender on the post would maybe have dealt with it. The third, the Dunfermline player is climbing all over Holt, should have been a free-kick to us. It may be levelled out a bit though if you consider our penalty is in the "soft" category.

Been away for a bit so just getting a chance to add to this, albeit a week late.

Fully agree that the team selection was weird, but I thought the players gave their all with the exception of Hamilton. Nothing against the lad - he’s got good physical presence and he gets up well when he competes - but almost every touch last Sat was followed by a head-shake, shoulder shrug and no follow-up whatsoever. No chasing, no pressing, no intelligent movement. Nothing.
    By far the most disappointing player on the pitch and I’m baffled at why he stayed on.
    Let’s hope he gets coached into contributing a lot more, but i’m not convinced.

Pleased to see him get a goal yesterday, but how was the rest of his play?

Quote Originally Posted by QOS5Ayr4 View Post
    Been away for a bit so just getting a chance to add to this, albeit a week late.

Fully agree that the team selection was weird, but I thought the players gave their all with the exception of Hamilton. Nothing against the lad - he’s got good physical presence and he gets up well when he competes - but almost every touch last Sat was followed by a head-shake, shoulder shrug and no follow-up whatsoever. No chasing, no pressing, no intelligent movement. Nothing.
    By far the most disappointing player on the pitch and I’m baffled at why he stayed on.
    Let’s hope he gets coached into contributing a lot more, but i’m not convinced.

Pleased to see him get a goal yesterday, but how was the rest of his play?
    Hamilton's not Gary Oliver so that's a plus for a start. Hamilton did more in his first 5 minutes on Saturday than Oliver did in his 60 or so minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)