Three years ago we acquired another dog, a Spanish water dog. She is actually from Spain, but Spanish is in the name. She was running wild, and im sure if I could have seen her existence in those times, im sure it would have left me in tears.

We got her from a dogs home in Yarmouth, and they got her from angelic people who rescue abandoned dogs in Spain. When I read her history it said that she was depressed and on the brink of giving up. She had several trial owners but kept messing up.

And of course, I had to have her. She was hard to handle, sprinting everywhere, barking at people, ignoring instructions. All she required was a bit of patience, and she is a fine dog now, fat, happy, and eating the best.

Her greatest enjoyment apart from eating is being set free by the Ouse. She pirouettes, runs in circles, rolls in the grass, runs at full tilt for no reason, all because she is free from mind destroying kennels.

And today I will join her in her joy, we are free from those people over there......free.

A freedom fighter.