+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Bournemouth

v Bournemouth

Lineup:-

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

29Reina
    40Mings
    30Hause
    15Konsa
    24Guilbert
    11Nakamba
    6Douglas Luiz
    18Targett
    21El Ghazi
    20Samatta
    10Grealish

Substitutes
    8Lansbury
    14Hourihane
    17Trézéguet
    22Engels
    25Nyland
    27El Mohamady
    39Davis

Predictably predictable Sh@t first half costs us the game !

Once we go 2 behind Smith is devoid of ideas he would have an easier task attempting to turn the Q E 2 round

Answers on a self addressed envelope to the usual P O Box # anyone with the foggiest what Hause & El Ghazi bring to the table

Its going to take a cunning plan, of Baldrick proportions to save us from relegation

Hause is solid but really REALLY negative.

DS did make changes and brought on Davies and it did change the game as AFCB sat back further and further. If the game had been 100 mins we'd have won

Just glad Watford and WHU messed up. Think its going to get extremely difficult for all the bottom 6 to pick up points now, the West Ham game on the last day could be massive for both teams!

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Hause is solid but really REALLY negative.

DS did make changes and brought on Davies and it did change the game as AFCB sat back further and further. If the game had been 100 mins we'd have won
    If the play-off final had been 100 mins we'd have lost Sam, Hause is not solid at all - he lumps the ball up to no-one time after time under no pressure after winning it back, at this level that is far from good enough. I agree the introduction of Davis was a positive move but leave El G on instead of 5 at the back vs 10 men and introduce CH.

The luck ran out today, that gealish attempt that came off the inside of the goalies ankle was unfortunate and of course we cannot play againt 10 men.
    As ive said there a way to go now and its not so long. 13 cup finals bigger than the actual final and we play all the teams above us but then again so do the rest of the bottom group. I still think 4 wins and 2 draws will be enough from 13 so 7 more losses?? And that final game v West Ham, i just hope we are mathamatically safe by then. WHU next 6 fixtures are horrendous, thankfully.

True Dave but where are these wins going to come from? B'mouth were on a terrible run of form but from the first minute wanted it more, we're always left chasing the game and don't score enough goals for that to work out. Without looking it up I think we have the 2nd worst defence in the league, failing to retain possession and giving away needless free kicks ain't helping.

B'mouth hit the bar and missed a sitter to sew the game up plus the 2nd yellow was harsh - they could consider themselves unlucky. No-one seems to be talking about the blatant shove on Davis in the box - how is that not a pen?

We are going to need points at home off the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves and get away wins at WHU, Everton, Newcastle, Southampton. We deservedly beat just two of those sides but got only a point from the rest - I'm not writing us off but at the same time I don't see us learning from our mistakes and producing performances for 90 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    The luck ran out today, that gealish attempt that came off the inside of the goalies ankle was unfortunate and of course we cannot play againt 10 men.
    As ive said there a way to go now and its not so long. 13 cup finals bigger than the actual final and we play all the teams above us but then again so do the rest of the bottom group. I still think 4 wins and 2 draws will be enough from 13 so 7 more losses?? And that final game v West Ham, i just hope we are mathamatically safe by then. WHU next 6 fixtures are horrendous, thankfully.
    I can almost be certain we aren't going to be mathematically safe by then. Where would the fun be then? That isn't the Villa way!!

I can imagine the script....

We have to win the majority of our home games Sam and we are 'on the Day' capable of beating anyone at home.
    Watford losing and West Sham should be more worried!
    Big Big game coming up in two weeks v Spurs. That has now become a 'Must Win' and no half hearted performance will do. Win and it will give us a massive lift and it could be the slippery slope.
    Still, SamGoal got off the mark.
    SJM could be fit for the Final, what a lift that would be!

Just one thought on the match yesterday, should Smith have retained Nyland in goal after that great performance v Leicester in the cup?

It does like we need to dig deep and go on a mini run like Watford did to pull clear.

Winnable?

Manure H
    Newcastle A
    Crtstal Palace H
    West Ham A

12 pts = 37pts anything else would be a bonus!

Im sure we could get something from
    Spurs H
    Arsenal H
    Southampton A
    Chelsea H
    Wolves H
    Maybe 5 pts?

Nothing v Liverpool, Liecester, Everton, Sheff utd.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)