+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It says it all?

It says it all?

Seventy five minutes gone in today’s game and we haven’t had a shot on/off target. We were obviously playing for an 0-0 draw, take of forward and bring on defender. They score and we don’t look like or are capable of scoring. This could be the first of a long run of games like this, judging by today’s game our tactics for Wednesday against Celtic will be every man behind the ball and hope for a miracle 0-0

We have been toothless and impotent up front for the best part of two years since Curtis Main went into his shell after the Aberdeen semi final back in 2018 and it's never been properly addressed since. Losing Scott yesterday has only weakened our already weak attacking options and I think a turgid second half of the season beckons with very little goals and very little excitement.

We can absolutely forget about finishing third and European qualification and we can forget about a Scottish Cup run as we will lose to St.Mirren next week.

Fourth will get us Europe and we're still odds on for that.

It looks a long haul right now but Saturday night is never time to make decisions.

If we can find a free agent striker -an actual, proper striker - a wee investment seems worth it. But we've been saying that for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    We have been toothless and impotent up front for the best part of two years since Curtis Main went into his shell after the Aberdeen semi final back in 2018 and it's never been properly addressed since. Losing Scott yesterday has only weakened our already weak attacking options and I think a turgid second half of the season beckons with very little goals and very little excitement.

We can absolutely forget about finishing third and European qualification and we can forget about a Scottish Cup run as we will lose to St.Mirren next week.
    A bit pessimistic but some truth in what you say. Thats the second game in succession in which we've failed to score; so although we shouldn't panic the alarm bells are beginning to tinkle. I quite understand that it was hard to replace Scott at the very last minute but that aside its been evident for some time that we need and out and out striker.

It turns quickly...on a high after last Saturday, suddenly we'll be going into the cup game having scored once in four!

By all accounts we were well beaten today 1-0 sounds like it flattered us......and the lost of Scott has nothing to do with it. We have been weak up front all season although we now perhaps have the cash to get someone in who is still available. Whats Connor Sammon up to these days!!@@@@

Reminiscent to the second half fade against Hamilton. No fight, no direction, strange team selection.

Reality Check needed ! Pre-season ... would anyone have thought we'd be 3rd in February?

Livi are the form team in the league - 6 home wins on the trot after today. Trying to play on that 5hit surface is no good for any opposing team (Smeltic and Sevco included). So, chin's up and after the expected defeat on Wednesday, we will (IMO), take care of St Midden.

Happy New Year !

League position counts for little after such a poor performance, as far as I can see just criticism levelled at the team. Yes, if we had been offered a 3rd spot going into Feb you would have taken it at the start of the season. A piss poor performance against Livi deserves the correct response from the support, or are we regressing back to the Happy Clapping days under previous managers. Have we reached a level we should accept and expect no more. I want more from my team and make no apology for that. A result against St Mirren next week will put this weekend to bed especially after a mid week victory........Aye, all right a result against the Saints will do.

Yes we can make excuses for playing on that surface yesterday, but we were totally inept of creating any scoring chances and that most be the most worrying aspect of our play. The defence was saved by Gillespie making save after save to keep the score down. I fear on yesterday’s performance and the second half against Accies we are going to struggle to score goals. Yes we would have bitten the hand off of anyone at the start of the season you had suggested we would be sitting third in the league in the first week in February. But realistically on yesterday’s showing and team selection I cannot see us winning many more games. We could take a right hammering on Wednesday night with little or no chance of getting into the game on the performance yesterday. Which if we do I fill will only continue into the cup game against St. Mirren. I have been vert reluctant to criticise Robinson so far this season but I now feel he has to start picking a settled 11 week on week barring injuries, suspensions etc particularly if he is going to bring in the new loan signing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)