+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Embarrassing! .. For those hose who were there

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Exactly, not a hate campaign, just not enjoying what I've seen of him, slows it down too much and not a chance is he a better player than Harkes.
    Better passer maybe but overall nah, agreed Shedka, Harkes is better.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i do not get this f ucking about with the team and selections, aye ok we've got some injuries but if Watson is injured whys he on the bench? get him starting. Harkes and Butcher have to start together and no Powers. Appere has to start and i would bring in Cammy Smith too. McMullan back and Pawlett on the bench

Lets just get the f uck out of this league and then worry about next season. Next season survival is the sole aim

I agree with all of this apart from Cammy Smith part for obvious reasons, and i do think Watson must be carrying an injury, like GB said, Connolly was sat on the bench for two months for and available and Robbie stuck with Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You are over it because you were not there!

Yeas we are 17 points clear, but like ive already said, ICT will have 2 games in hand with 2 games against us to go. That there is 12 points, and i for one aint accepting this league is won until the maths add up!
    I was at Morton which was similar by all accounts

I'm over both and if you think that ICT side is going to go on that kind of run then you haven't got a clue or haven't been watching closely this season... What's their record against us in the last 8 months?

Let's see what transpires the second half of February .

Better passer maybe but overall nah, agreed Shedka, Harkes is better.

I said this on another thread last week but there is a pic I saw somewhere from some Utd analysis guy and it places Harkes as one of our consistently better passers and one who was always over 80% success rate

I was surprised at that but not like he is an awful passer either.

Harkes and Powers are 2 completely different types of player so I'm not really getting the comparison.

FWIW I'd play Harkes every game if fit. Powers is more comparable with Butcher and that is why they can't play in the same midfield when we are playing defensive teams - which is nearly every game at home and quite a few away.

It would be interesting to see Powers when he's had few more months to get up to speed with the quickness of the game here and then a proper pre - season. Butcher possibly needs someone to push him as he's been rank the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Harkes and Powers are 2 completely different types of player so I'm not really getting the comparison.

FWIW I'd play Harkes every game if fit. Powers is more comparable with Butcher and that is why they can't play in the same midfield when we are playing defensive teams - which is nearly every game at home and quite a few away.

It would be interesting to see Powers when he's had few more months to get up to speed with the quickness of the game here and then a proper pre - season. Butcher possibly needs someone to push him as he's been rank the last few games.
    The comparison comes fae Robbie dropping Harkes to make way for Powers

The comparison comes fae Robbie dropping Harkes to make way for Powers
    I think Harkes lack of appearances is more to do with his cheek bone injury rather than Powers being fitted in. Cheek bone injury might be the reason for Robsons downturn in form. Hope the 2 weeks help them recover a bit more.

I was at Morton which was similar by all accounts

I'm over both and if you think that ICT side is going to go on that kind of run then you haven't got a clue or haven't been watching closely this season... What's their record against us in the last 8 months?

Let's see what transpires the second half of February .
    Think its a bit arrogant to suggest someone doesnt have a clue!

Despite what my heart thinks, Im too long in the tooth to accept that we are the champions until the maths say its done. And i think you are too head first into all the stats to accept that things can and do go wrong around Jan/Feb for us at United. John Robertson may have lost some of his players, but ICT are now an unknown quantity that might just go on the strong run they have done in the past.

People now trying to talk about home record since Christmas ha ha, despite 6 wins in a row away from home in the the league and having lost just one home game
    Still all good at Tannadice just now.
    What's so funny about being concerned that we haven't won at Tannadice since before Christmas? Keep referring to your stat book all you want mate but that home record you talk about happened between Aug-Dec. Its now Feb and we haven't won, or looked anywhere close to winning, since.

Not sure what our away record has to do with not winning at Tannadice either?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)