+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing! .. For those hose who were there

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I said Fraser last night on another thread mate

If he's not creator with the killer pass he was touted as having then him and Butcher cannot start together, its back to square pegs and round hole sh1te again
    They can both start in a 4-2-3-1 (which seemed to be Robbies favoured formation before he started tinkering with things). Leave the creativity to the 3 in front of them. We will need Powers and Butcher next season as we're gonna be on the back foot a hell of a lot more than we currently are. Much like the Hibs game, where he was very effective, far better than Butcher imo. Other than that, I can't really see a formation that's going to accommodate the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    It's not negative, it's realism, and if we're to achieve anything next season it's absolutely accurate.
    Tbh I dont think we are far away from a good Premier League side. 4-5 players should be added to the squad but not all to the starting line up, 2-3 starters would be best and for me that would be 2 wingers and 1 other. Too many changes in 1 window would do more damage than good. For me, when we go up we should be looking to consolodate first season and see where we are with the squad minus the ones who cant cut it now like Sow, King, Pawlett, Sporle.

The difference between safety and a relegation scrap would be whether or not Neilsons favourites are injured. When fit, evidence is showing Neilson will sacrifice results and performances to play them.

I've been watching Wolves whenever I can this season. I love watching them. In Premiership terms they shouldn't be able to compete at the top of that league based on transfer fees.
    But what the manager has done is brought players together and drilled them into an impressive unit. They play as a team, a really nice fluid style The players all know their jobs down to the last detail and they rarely waste a pass. The technical ability is what makes the difference. I'm not comparing the English Premiership with where we'll be playing next season, I'm just offering an example of how a team with less financial resources can compete with richer clubs.

Tin helmet on here, but imo that's exactly what McCall did with Ayr. He bought players with technical ability and coached them into a team with a very effective style. He just didn't have the budget that we had to get them over the line.

We could do a Wolves next year but I think we need a number 2 to Robbie, a guy who doesn't try to do what Robbies good at - the leadership and motivation- but the coaching of the players into a fluid unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    They can both start in a 4-2-3-1 (which seemed to be Robbies favoured formation before he started tinkering with things). Leave the creativity to the 3 in front of them. We will need Powers and Butcher next season as we're gonna be on the back foot a hell of a lot more than we currently are. Much like the Hibs game, where he was very effective, far better than Butcher imo. Other than that, I can't really see a formation that's going to accommodate the two of them.
    correct mate, but as its been pointed oot already, do we need to play 2 x defensive midfielders at hame against f ucking morton or the smokies? i think not...

Harkes for me gets forward alot more than Powers and playing both Powers and Butcher is having a detrimental effect on the team

agree wi yer post

No, evidence that any other manager of a similar level wouldn't be doing just as well with the same budget. That was the point being made.
    Do I really need to say? Clearly there is no evidence either way. 🤔

I really wish that someone from the club preferably the manager would answer some of the questions and criticism from the fans.I would like to know why Watson was taken out of the team?,is he injured?,if so why does he still appear on the bench?.Are you really willing to play your so called favourite players like Sow,Pawlett and Connolly ahead of others to the detriment of the team?.Are the fans wrong when they say you will shoe horn your favourites into the side?.Have you actually got any favourites or do you think you always play your strongest 11?.

I would love to know the answers to the above and a few more,in the days of McLean you would get a straight answer to the above but probably a punch in the puss to go with them,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Do I really need to say? Clearly there is no evidence either way. 🤔
    You're just being contrary. Why dig Spike up for his opinion then when you can't back up yours?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I really wish that someone from the club preferably the manager would answer some of the questions and criticism from the fans.I would like to know why Watson was taken out of the team?,is he injured?,if so why does he still appear on the bench?.Are you really willing to play your so called favourite players like Sow,Pawlett and Connolly ahead of others to the detriment of the team?.Are the fans wrong when they say you will shoe horn your favourites into the side?.Have you actually got any favourites or do you think you always play your strongest 11?.

I would love to know the answers to the above and a few more,in the days of McLean you would get a straight answer to the above but probably a punch in the puss to go with them,FACT.
    When a player is injured, you generally hear about it from the manager. The fact we've heard nothing, well, I don't think we need an answer anymore. He's clearly out of favour with the for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    correct mate, but as its been pointed oot already, do we need to play 2 x defensive midfielders at hame against f ucking morton or the smokies? i think not...

Harkes for me gets forward alot more than Powers and playing both Powers and Butcher is having a detrimental effect on the team

agree wi yer post
    No we don't. However if we're going to, at least play a formation that allows two defensive midfielders. Not 4-4-2 like I assume we played yesterday? Madness.

You're just being contrary. Why dig Spike up for his opinion then when you can't back up yours?
    Because I think he's making a statement against the manager that can't possibly be proven one way or the another and I think it's worth making the point this is the case.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)