+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing! .. For those hose who were there

Embarrassing! .. For those hose who were there

Be interesting to hear from those who were there who played well if anyone , who didn't, was it any different to last week? How was Powers? (I have big reservations on the times I've seen him)

Now thinking it's a good thing we don't have a game for two weeks, a lot of reflecting to be done and it's time we get back to what was working a few weeks ago, including as close to that xi as we can (given Clarke is out and Stanton away) as looking at the line up recently it's changed a fair bit to the one that won 9 games

This type of result is not acceptable, even with the huge lead, don't think you can just down tools and stumble to the finish line, big improvement needed in a fortnight, Alloa away, Fri on TV, we don't need warning of this fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Be interesting to hear from those who were there who played well if anyone , who didn't, was it any different to last week? How was Powers? (I have big reservations on the times I've seen him)

Now thinking it's a good thing we don't have a game for two weeks, a lot of reflecting to be done and it's time we get back to what was working a few weeks ago, including as close to that xi as we can (given Clarke is out and Stanton away) as looking at the line up recently it's changed a fair bit to the one that won 9 games

This type of result is not acceptable, even with the huge lead, don't think you can just down tools and stumble to the finish line, big improvement needed in a fortnight, Alloa away, Fri on TV, we don't need warning of this fixture.
    You really have an issue with Powers eh! WTF has he done, pissed on your Coco Pops or somit? If you want him to be your scape goat today, you can forget it.

RN, along with those responsible for recruitment should be looking at themselves for that one. We had the chance to look at replacements for Stanton and Clark, along with another defender if Watson is injured, but we shipped guys out, including a guy who could have been given his chance.

As it happens, it looks like Sow is out long term once again, so you never know, that lad might be recalled!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Absolutely no one played well, Shankland had his worst game for us that iv witnessed albeit completely starved of service. Thats 4 games and no wins since Neilson forced his favourites back in to the team and derailed our excellent form (the 2nd time hes done this).

Thankfully the league is won imho or i would have been wishing injuries.... as bad as that sounds, Neilson has his players that he will play regardless of their form

Not to get side tracked but not a fan so far, hoping to be proved wrong but not sure what he adds... for me not an upgrade on Stanton and shouldn't be breaking up Butcher/Harkes, although it's early days I am not often wrong on my early opinions of players, only Clarke in recent times has proven me wrong (he is more clever and better footballer than I thought although does blow some good chances infront of goal).. time will tell as it's very early but team isn't looking better with him in it.

Grim in first half. All play in arbroaths half after break but decision making with final passes was poor & crosses into box cleared easily most of time. Pawlett for me is a waste of a jersey. Seems to offer very little. At least teams below us didnt take full advantage but we need to up our game now. Seen some decent stuff in games but last few have been a struggle to get going. Need to get back to what we were doing previously . Injuries havent helped but players that have come in need to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Absolutely no one played well, Shankland had his worst game for us that iv witnessed albeit completely starved of service. Thats 4 games and no wins since Neilson forced his favourites back in to the team and derailed our excellent form (the 2nd time hes done this).

Thankfully the league is won imho or i would have been wishing injuries.... as bad as that sounds, Neilson has his players that he will play regardless of their form

All managers do... but don't agree that's his reasons for playing Pawlett and Sow... Sow wasn't getting game time pre going on loan, and Pawlett when fit was good earlier in season and in limited appearances had contributed vs partick away in augusy, Dundee in 6-2 game and again partick away recently.. when fit a very good player... but think he is showing a bit too much faith recently... but only i'd argue due to other injuries and loss of form that have cropped up (McMullan has not got back to form at all since the injury he got)

Watched it on the zone Shedka, was poor. Everyone was poor.

Missing a spark and creativity that to be faor we've not had in many many weeks

Watson, if carrying an injury shouldnt be on the bench. He needs to start. Also feel since pawletts came back we've went backwards as Robbie needs to fit him in. Sow will be out for the rest of the season, another waste of a high wage but as i said on the match thread how the f uck did we not sign a striker with Clark being out and knowing Sows injury record?

Alloa in 2 weeks on a Friday on plastic again, this worries me. I've been concerned about the performances for a few weeks now, we've been lucky up to now but is our luck really running out???

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    sorry mate but as i've said for weeks, is it f uck won!!! 13 games to go, 39 points to play for...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    sorry mate but as i've said for weeks, is it f uck won!!! 13 games to go, 39 points to play for...
    Absolutely Affshore. In general terms we are not a good team to watch. Our organisation is woeful a lot of the time. We have on average better players than the other teams in the league, but our tactics are poor. We grind out results more than any good football does. We have carried a lot of luck, whilst other teams have thrown theirs away. But for the signing of Shankland we'd be competing with Dundee for a top six spot in THIS league!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Absolutely Affshore. In general terms we are not a good team to watch. Our organisation is woeful a lot of the time. We have on average better players than the other teams in the league, but our tactics are poor. We grind out results more than any good football does. We have carried a lot of luck, whilst other teams have thrown theirs away. But for the signing of Shankland we'd be competing with Dundee for a top six spot in THIS league!
    100% correct mate. Its not an over reaction either as it's been said for weeks we've been poor. It's also been said for weeks we are lacking creativity.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)