+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When is the takeover called off

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Does Ashley sell profit making businesses ?
    a great question and some dont see it

he doesnt need to sell it on the cheap if at all

i would say every 6 months or new tv deal the value of the club goes up

300 mill was what he valued it nearly two years ago when we had just come up
    we are settled ish now have brought in more stock
    have cut the managers wages bill

and look to finish higher than last season
    why cant it be woth more than the 300-340 mill he asked for a few seasons ago

my house has gone up 140k in that time why wouldnt the value of the toon not go up

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Copy of his tweet

My understanding was 250k cost was to get in data room and that was paid weeks / months ago, so maybe this is something else (I don’t know). But proof is elusive for things like this. I saw copies of Staveley’s 3 bids two years ago but that was after it all broke down.
    3 bids

didnt mean they matched the value of the club or the payment terms
    a bit like someone bidding on your house

Other than the leak/rumours, which haven’t been denied, the contract situation of over half of the squad is one of the most interest things in play.
    Not renewing or extending deals is exactly what you would do if a sale process was happening. Apparently 60% of the 25 have less than 18 months. Also the Longstaff (particularly Matty) situation is just weird even for Ashley.
    The only thing to happen recently that would make me doubt that something is happening is the apparent bid for the French midfielder. Mind, the fact that they knew he wouldn’t come leads the cynic in me to believe that it was just another PR gimick. Didn’t sit right with me watching Bruce volunteer that we’d nearly spent £40m only for the player to turn the move down. Surely you’d know pre club to club agreement that the player would move ?
    I do think it’s probably closer than ever to a sale. The Saudi PIF were quick to dismiss a Man Utd bid. They’ve not denied anything here, even as it gets more crazy with the Kardashin link etc.

I think maybe you're reading a bit too much into the contract situation. I just look at the shambles we have become and just put it down to our normal, lets not do anything until it has become a crisis attitude. That and Bruce cant make up his mind on who ,why or where he wants to play yet. Also if it is Penfold in charge of contracts it is always going to be a slow process to sort deals out.
    Hope I am wrong and you're right and it is a sign of a potential takeover coming but I won't believe that til it happens

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    I think maybe you're reading a bit too much into the contract situation. I just look at the shambles we have become and just put it down to our normal, lets not do anything until it has become a crisis attitude. That and Bruce cant make up his mind on who ,why or where he wants to play yet. Also if it is Penfold in charge of contracts it is always going to be a slow process to sort deals out.
    Hope I am wrong and you're right and it is a sign of a potential takeover coming but I won't believe that til it happens
    Definitely pays to be sceptical with this lot mate. They’ve always seemed to be quite generous and premature with contracts tho. This seems like a surprising lack of good housekeeping even for them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)