+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ABERDEEN v St.Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Agreed, I was hoping to see him overlap more, but that was not on show last night.
    He seemed to prefer to keep it simple, pass the ball and then drop deep, instead of looking for a 1-2.
    It was an alright debut, nothing special and nothing untoward.

I noticed it didn't look like he appreciated being subbed and was quite surprised by it, but probably was a good call given the tactics McInnes had and we were just shelling balls forward
    Heard a Norwegian league expert say that he’s a defensive full back not an attacking one, yet all the spin from this side of the North Sea has been how attacking he is...last night seems to back up someone who’s actually watched him rather than the Cormack spin doctoring!

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    As a captain he seems to lack the ability to inspire the players to get their fingers out of their collective arses. So certainly pish as a captain. As a goalkeeper has earned us more points than we likely deserve.
    This post more than any tells us all we need to know about McInnes, The appointment and continued appointment of Joe as Captain.

Joe's a great keeper but to appoint him captain is ill thought out like the majority of DM footballing judgements. A captain should reflect the managers fight and ambition on the field.... and sadly this one does. I've been holding back on McInnes but not any more he's gone as far as he can he really has to go and go now. He has at his disposal a decent squad of players who have the potential. and capability to do well but they clearly lack direction fight and motivation, IMO if a manager cant install these ***** qualities in his players he's a sh1te manager. Its now time for McInnes to go.

He was not very good.
    The problem was that as a team, we were far too negative and cautious.
    How many balls was played back to Lewis from the half way line?
    Lewis received far more and better passes than Cosgrove received.
    I don't mind using the keeper when needed, to get out of a tricky situation but were increasingly being forced back and are not working the angles to play through the press.
    We're also seeing attacking positions up near their box ending back with Lewis to punt long.
    It's not good enough.

Maybe McGeouch is still getting up to speed having not played much at Sunderland, but Ojo seems to be better acquitted in the CM role at the moment to recycle the ball
    He wasn’t very good last night but neither was anyone else.

He was getting grief from the fans around me for passing the ball back too much but to be fair it’s difficult to play the ball forward if all of our attacking players are just standing around doing nothing.

After last night I get the feeling that no matter how he plays McGeouch is going to get a hard time from the fans like Paul Kane and Billy Stark did.

I thought Taylor's distribution was pretty good of late and including last night until he went off injured.
    Really? Were we watching the same game? Early on he made a pass or two that came off, but then he just slipped into his usual Hail-Mary pass to nowhere. I'd agree that he's put in a reasonable shift defensively of late, but improved distribution? No.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910