+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager

Next Manager

Surely this Struber fella won't be here much longer ?
    We need someone who understands English football , Nathan Jones ( he's not been gone to long ) would be my choice ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Surely this Struber fella won't be here much longer ?
    We need someone who understands English football , Nathan Jones ( he's not been gone to long ) would be my choice ,
    I'd give David Artell at Crewe Alexandra an interview if I was CEO .

A club who develop their own young players and he has Alex right in the League Two promotion mix .

In his first managerial role at Alex

Links to South Yorkshire as he was a centre back for The Millers , he's 39 years old so young and dynamic but with four years in the job at Alex .

Two things about him which caught my eye , he's had two touchline bans and is very passionate in the technical area , something we like to see at Oakwell .

He's no numpty though , attained a degree in forensic science in 2010 at Hallam University .

Worth keeping an eye on this lad .

It won't ever happen , too costly perhaps ? If we are going to be moving forward , and showing some sort of ambition , then Chris Houton is the man , a very good and underestimated bloke , we can only dream

We paid a lot of money to get Struber. I don’t think he’s done too badly considering the crap squad he’s got to use.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We paid a lot of money to get Struber. I don’t think he’s done too badly considering the crap squad he’s got to use.
    Agreed. He's not exactly my cuppa char but he certainly doesn't deserve the disrespect of talking about who's gonna replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agreed. He's not exactly my cuppa char but he certainly doesn't deserve the disrespect of talking about who's gonna replace him.
    Unfortunately Pass the two Austrians he's brought over with him have made me look at this rather more robustly than I tend to do with our HC's .

I tend to stick up for them as a rule given the parameters they have to work under .

He's made hinself fair game for me with these two and cast some serious doubt on his ability here long term .

I'm not judging him on keeping us up because to be honest I never expected that he would but the two players he's brought over with him are seriously shyte mate , proper munters .

I'm also looking at this with League One glasses on , is he the man to get us back up ?

My gut feeling is no but obviously I would be happy to be proved wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Unfortunately Pass the two Austrians he's brought over with him have made me look at this rather more robustly than I tend to do with our HC's .

I tend to stick up for them as a rule given the parameters they have to work under .

He's made hinself fair game for me with these two and cast some serious doubt on his ability here long term .

I'm not judging him on keeping us up because to be honest I never expected that he would but the two players he's brought over with him are seriously shyte mate , proper munters .

I'm also looking at this with League One glasses on , is he the man to get us back up ?

Stendels mate Bahre is crap as well. We should just stick to the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Stendels mate Bahre is crap as well. We should just stick to the spreadsheet
    Bahre ain't the best but he's had his moments especially last season and contributed .

I personally wouldn't have given him the captaincy as Stendel did because I think it was a huge mistake and did have more than a hint of favouritism attached to it .

I'll accept that even though I'm a massive Stendel man .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I dont suppose it matters who is the HC, tha knows as well as ar do that the board use them as a scapegoat in the end for their own short sightedness and greed.

Looking at next season I'd say if we dont lose any players then Struber should get us back up. Offensively we will be too strong for LG 1. Again though, it's almost certain players are gonna be leaving this summer after relegation in order to balance the books. I'd be absolutely amazed if no key players left us this summer.

Now, with the calibre of signings we've made in the last 3 transfer windows I'd suggest that we will be in league 1 for a good few seasons to come and deservedly so. The way this board has operated during the last 18 months has been purely money oriented coupled with a league 1 mentality and that's where we're gonna wind up being for the next few seasons.

Trouble is we all know they will make him the scapegoat when we go down!!! Unfortunately our new Manager will be someone we have never heard of from a different country because all the ones who know the English leagues won’t come to us and work for this lot, because they will know what their ultimate aim is.
    We are absolutely stuffed till this lot beggar off, no hope of doing anything whilst they are here apart from that is watching any emerging talent leave to play for other clubs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast