+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No more excuses

No more excuses

Shameful that for nigh on 15 months, DS still comes out with “ we weren’t good enough in the 1st half”. Not a 10 min period, no, a whole friggin half.

Tis a miracle that we are where we are, considering the management team’s inability to address a 15-month problem.

Bournemouth are sh1t, proper sh1t, and they’ve done the double over us, so what does that make us?

No, from now on, the management team have try to inspire probably the worst squad in the prem (assembled by the afore mentioned management team) to win 5 out of 13.

Well achievable, no excuses, stop feckin around.

I am a lot more confident than I probably should be. I see us getting 4 more wins and 2 more draws.

I think Norwich, Watford and West ham are in bigger trouble than us.

The movement and physicality of Samatta impressed me enough to put him in my dream team. I thought he would score on his league debut too.

This team desperately needs to stay up and build on the new additions for next year. Next seasons premier league will be harder than this. With the baggies and Leeds probably coming up. The baggies team is an aging one and I expect them to be rock bottom of the prem, but Brentford, Leeds, Fulham all have a lot to offer, depending on the promoted teams to be decided.

Well maybe 2nd worst squad after Norwich, and they outplayed us when we scraped past them at our place.

Now I know that most of us predicted/hoped for 15-17th back in Sept, so we knew that we’d lose a good few, but 14 with only 4 draws? So are we par for the course, so to speak?

Well, I didn't take into account that we would have played against 10 men SIX times this season and won 1, lost 4, drawn 1.

Nor did I think that Jack would be our only player playing consistently well. All of the others would be 1 in 8 players, and even then, never more than 3 players + Jack, playing well in the same game. In the league I can only think of: Everton and Newcastle at home, and Norwich and Burnley away, in which we have played well for over ˝ of the match. 4 out of 25 matches!!!

I think that we will scrape the 5 wins needed (imo) and even a draw, but it’s gonna be horrible. Not exciting, brave resistance sort of stuff, just horrible.

I just hope we can scrape through the season and stay up. Then rebuild in the summer with another mini clear out.
    Still undecided if we should stick or twist regarding deano.

Smith’s well rehearsed “we didn't play well 1st half” is beginning to get to get to me

• I was under the illusion the coach might could be held accountable for a consistently poor team with p!ss-poor tactics

• Who decided V Bournemouth to attempt to hit long balls against this physical team

• Saturday was another gutless, incompetent performance with our trademark inability to defend set pieces/giving away sloppy goals

Sorry Deano but the buck stops with you !

Hey Bongo wasn't it foretold by you " top 7" finish ?... perhaps its just an example of Einstein's lesser known theory of forecasting retraction

Does anyone know is it possible to purchase thir**** weeks supply of Valium Diazepam on line ?

Shame you put that at the end freer. I agreed with most of what you wrote for once in 7 years. Even Einstein get things wrong. I said the same the season we got relegated. Blind faith maybe?
    Deano said Mings had a poor game but didn't mention we were getting over run in midfield with Luiz and Marvolous trying to defend against 3 midfielders. Then we serch for the winner and he gets Grealish sitting deeper?
    Hard to know what to think especially when we beat Leicester a few days previously.

Grealish had to sit deeper when Nakamba went off because Deano didn't go with 4 at the back and beef up the midfield.

Agree Freer that the buck stops with DS, wonder why Drinkwater wasn't even named in the squad - yes he's not good for 90 mins yet but neither is Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Shame you put that at the end freer.
    Mea culpa Bongo

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Grealish had to sit deeper when Nakamba went off because Deano didn't go with 4 at the back and beef up the midfield.

Agree Freer that the buck stops with DS, wonder why Drinkwater wasn't even named in the squad - yes he's not good for 90 mins yet but neither is Davis.

Keinan Davis was withdrawn after 25 mins last nights under-23s game against West Bromwich Albion.

Wouldn't say Keinan’s injury prone but he pulled his hamstring appearing on “Question of Sport”

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)