+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please yourselves.

Please yourselves.

Wolverhampton Monday 20.00 Fair Star.

Currently 5/1 with Bet365, my man on the inside at Brian Ellison's yard tells me they expect this one to go very close. First bit of info I've got from this source so I've no idea how reliable/profitable it might be.

Just looking at the race it seems a good EW bet. Of the ten runners, four of them look to be no-hopers, but you can't be too confident because John Gosden has the odds-on favourite, but it's been beaten favourite four times already and seems to be a bit of a dodgepot, certainly not one to rely on. Fair Star has already had two decent runs in NH Flat races, winning at Market Rasen and 5/16 in a Listed race at Cheltenham, it's dropping back in trip for it's flat debut, but it's a well bred flat horse and this should be more it's cup of tea, it should be capable of winning a race like this. We'll see.

Opportunist for me.

Why didn't JRod just tap it in..............

Wolverhampton Form Guide.....https://www.racingandsports.com/form.../enhanced-form

took a look at "SHERIFFMUIR"....for no particular reason other than its sire (War Front) and dam sire (Woodman -descendant of the unbeaten - Nearco !) ...both hail from the U.S A...but is nothing to do with Unstopper Chopper or Woodmans Luck who thought he'd take a nibble out of Romeo.

I like the thought of - "Happy Face"

Do you think I have money to burn sinkov? The Child Bride claims she needs a new "Summer Wardrobe". What are the odds on her getting that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Do you think I have money to burn sinkov?
    I don't think it, I know it. Anyway, don't go daft with twenty or owt like that, couple of quid each way, just for fun, that's all this racing lark is after all, a bit of fun.

Now into 7/2 from 5/1, I hope you were all on last night.

and Fair Star "WINS".....my not so Happy (22/1) Face came second

well done Sinkov - good tip you had.

I'm going for a lie down in a darkened room...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm going for a lie down in a darkened room...
    I'm going to lie down in a darkened room...... and dream of what to do with all the money I've won.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)