+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Curtis jones

Curtis jones

Apparently we have enquired to take the young liverpool midfielder on loan next season.
    Not sure how I feel about this.
    Champs had a good point about why help other teams youngsters,when we have some of our own chomping at the bit,also he is primarily a centre midfielder who can also play on the left or advanced.
    With the emerging rankin Costello,downing and rothwell,we are pretty well stocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Apparently we have enquired to take the young liverpool midfielder on loan next season.
    Not sure how I feel about this.
    Champs had a good point about why help other teams youngsters,when we have some of our own chomping at the bit,also he is primarily a centre midfielder who can also play on the left or advanced.
    With the emerging rankin Costello,downing and rothwell,we are pretty well stocked up.
    Tough one. If it's a Tosin, we are getting someone better than what we can produce. And that gives us an advantage.
    Him partnered with Lenihan is one of the best centre half pairings in the Champ.
    Now one day he leaves, and we go back to square one. Are we in a position to go buy someone? Who will be nearly as good as Tosin? Probably not.
    So if we do want a real push next season, we are in need of a bit of star-dust. I am not for helping make young players for other clubs better, but the reality is, that's the loan system.
    Northampton won't get someone as good as Wharton and so on.
    As long as we don't get too many, I am fine with it.
    I would much rather have a young side, with just a small smattering of experience. Young players have hunger, they have no real fears. Experienced players can be limited.
    One one hand you have a good pro like Downing. On the other you have Johnson, Mulgrew, Bennett and Graham. The latter, simply aren't good enough anymore, and contribute almost nothing.
    So in one way, I would like this kid from Liverpool, I would have no real concerns. I have more concerns on the more and more Johnson's, Smallwood's we have. Happy to be here. Happy to get paid, happy and content to not be playing.
    We need young hungry players with a good foundation of a player, something to build on. Like with Gallagher. There is a player in there, you just have to find it. You don't find that by playing Danny Graham who touches the ball 9 times in a game.
    Every so often, you have to take a player out who may not be injured. Downing needs a little break. And next week we have 2 home games in a few days of each-other.
    We should be trusting Johnson to step in and do the job his high wages justify. For me, that's where the problems have been. For some reason, fans are scared and worried about us playing the likes of Rankin Costello. Why?? You dont fear Johnson playing, and other than one game, he has pretty much let us down all season.
    People STILL ask for Graham to start games, despite him doing very very little this season.
    I can't get my head round it. Get these lads in and playing, they are our future.

I couldn't agree more.
    Next season is a very important one for us.

I am happy with that as long as fans accept that a play-off place is not likely now, and that there is a consensus not to blame Mowbray for that.
    We all know how it will go:
    1) He used experienced players when the youngsters would have given us a decent chance of a play-off place.
    2) The situation was crying out for a bit of experience.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)