+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross leaves

Ross leaves

gone back to Chesterfield on loan, we sign Joe McDonnell from AFC Wimbledon until the end of the season

At least he left us with a good memory! To be honest I've never felt confident with Fitz in goal, don't know anything about McDonnell but hopefully it's a good move for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    gone back to Chesterfield on loan, we sign Joe McDonnell from AFC Wimbledon until the end of the season
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...er-joe-3805196

While we wanted Ross to stay and provide competition for our goalkeeping spot, the manager can’t guarantee anyone a starting role in the team.

Unless your name is Doyle or Rose
    Last edited by Glad2BeAPie; 03-02-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    While we wanted Ross to stay and provide competition for our goalkeeping spot, the manager can’t guarantee anyone a starting role in the team.

Unless your name is Doyle or Rose
    And that’s because he sees both, more so Doyle, being *****ly important to the team. Once Doyle is back, with Jim nearing match fitness, I think you might see Rose drop to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    And that’s because he sees both, more so Doyle, being *****ly important to the team. Once Doyle is back, with Jim nearing match fitness, I think you might see Rose drop to the bench.
    In your dreams, he is more likely to play all 3 like before

I hope it's the former and we stick with 2 in the middle of the park. The back 4 are working really well currently so would want us to go 3-5-2.

And with Roberts impressing albeit only in a couple of games, I like the two wide men. For me Rose misses out clearly inferior to Doyle and O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    In your dreams, he is more likely to play all 3 like before
    He will always play 2 upfront.
    Unless they are injured or way out of form Enzio & Roberts will play.
    Plus 4 at the back.
    So that only leaves room for 2 more. Doyle + O'Brien ??

To be fair to Rose though I thought he had a better game on Saturday.

I wish Ross well. I wouldn't deny he had his faults but I think at times last season he became the lightning rod for a team that collectively failed. He's still young for a goalkeeper and I'm sure he can go on to do a job for a team at this level at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I wish Ross well. I wouldn't deny he had his faults but I think at times last season he became the lightning rod for a team that collectively failed. He's still young for a goalkeeper and I'm sure he can go on to do a job for a team at this level at least.

He'll have to be in order to avoid two successive relegations.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast