Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens Cult Heroes Eleven

Jimmy Donald.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Henry Templeton was a 'cult' hero . Capable of extraordinary skill and extraordinary laziness as well. I remember him going on mazy runs the length of the pitch and also just letting opponents ghost by him without moving a muscle. I think Henry was just a one off and untrainable.

yes jr wee henry templeton ,loved watching him play he could destroy teams single handed when in the right mood dancing through them maradona like .

george cloy had to be a cult hero ,never heard anyone have a bad opinion of giro george ,gave his all every match .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    george cloy had to be a cult hero ,never heard anyone have a bad opinion of giro george ,gave his all every match .
    I have a vague recollection of seeing Cloy playing for Queens when I first went to Palmerston with my Uncle Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Would John Burridge qualify as the cult hero keeper?
    It is a no from me as he was a total waste of space losing 18 goals in his 6 games before being replaced by local lad Rab McColm. He also chapped doors in town not long after signing trying to sell clothes I believe.

Remember Burridge swinging on the crossbar.

The legend that is...Paddy Atkinson....Now there's a real cult hero!

Big “Chopper” Dickson Is near top of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Big “Chopper” Dickson Is near top of the list!

i should think oor psycho bill billy mclaren should prob come under cult hero as a player and manager with his legendary hardman status ,and you couldnt meet a nicer guy off the pitch lol .

George ‘Chopper’ Dickson, without a doubt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12