+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: O/T:- Is Boris a mini Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    then cementing our place in the top ten means falling from 9th to 10th with Germany still ahead of us in 2050...Germany (the "strongman of Europe") fall 4 places from 5th to 9th...the UK "only" fall 1 place from 9th to 10th, I would call that a decent result and if you continue the prediction line, would probably mean the UK overtaking Germany at some point after 2050 ie just as my 8 grandchildren grow to economic maturity.

So-called experts yes, on both sides, have differing views on the UK post-Brexit but PWC are one of the respected experts at predicting how countries fare in the long-term....and they consistently predict the continuing demise of the EU coupled with the relative stability of the UK, now they are independent....... emerging economies, particularly the E7 countries like Brazil and Mexico and the Philippines , overtake the older G7 economies on every model I have seen and an independent, unfettered UK will be perfectly placed to take advantage of that changing dynamic. (even longer-term models show the incredible growth of Africa and as far as I am aware, the UK is still a maritime trading nation with old Commonwealth links already in place)

Anyway, my post was in response to a claim that the Brexiteers never produce any evidence of the UK´s future prosperity whereas I have used PWC several times to prove my point.
    The facts then that support this wonderful golden age are that we will 'only' fall one place, and that there will be 'relative stability' compared to the demise of the EU!

We want to know the facts about how much we will grow ourselves, not relative to what happens to other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The point I was making was when I've had one of me rants, pingu, (unlike fatlad, Elite or slimey sid) as never responded. I did take it as a compliment . I sometimes look at the poster ( though I admit that I still usually read it ) and know it will be a load of b0llocks.

ps I often look back at what I've posted and think what the fcuk.
    You got that last bit right, Navel.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You got that last bit right, Navel.
    I would imagine you do the same slimey sid.

ps. Done any berevement counselling lately?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920