+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atdhe Nuhiu - Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I can only presume he is on £10k+ a week at Wednesday although I stand to be corrected. Yes I'd have him at Rotherham but not on that kind of salary and probably only as back up.
    I think he'd fit our style of play tbh.
    Hazza, really? Warne demands 'young' fit players not has beens on stupid contracts and as for him he'd 'slow' our game down......

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    He’s got a touch like a Rapist.
    Does it make you feel big making comments like that?
    How is this acceptable on a football forum?
    Line crossed.
    It’s not a touch sensitive it’s just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Does it make you feel big making comments like that?
    How is this acceptable on a football forum?
    Line crossed.
    It’s not a touch sensitive it’s just wrong.
    Why?

It’s from a chant that Sheffield united fans sang about Nick Montgomery.
    Get over yourself.
    It isn’t supposed to be taken literally. Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Bill Hicks et al make quips about *****philes and rapists constantly. They are not supposed to be real. I’m fact it says more about you for getting so wound up about it than me for repeating it.

They are just words. Words that can be Used however we see fit if the context fits.

You never made a joke about a face like sutcliffe’s hammer, Jimmy saville or Gary glitter? It belittles them.

They are just jokes you fecking moron.

Why?

Get over yourself.
    It isn’t supposed to be taken literally. Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Bill Hicks et al make quips about *****philes and rapists constantly. They are not supposed to be real. I’m fact it says more about you for getting so wound up about it than me for repeating it.

They are just words. Words that can be Used however we see fit if the context fits.

You never made a joke about a face like sutcliffe’s hammer, Jimmy saville or Gary glitter? It belittles them.

I like Frankie Boyle and personally like much cutting edge humour that some/many will find offensive. But a crucial difference is that when Boyle performs his humour, he does so to people who share that humour and pay to hear it. This however is a public message board and it seems obvious to me that some people would find that kind of humour and joke offensive. So out of respect to those who don't share my sense of humour, I wouldn't use it on here. Just respect really.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I like Frankie Boyle and personally like much cutting edge humour that some/many will find offensive. But a crucial difference is that when Boyle performs his humour, he does so to people who share that humour and pay to hear it. This however is a public message board and it seems obvious to me that some people would find that kind of humour and joke offensive. So out of respect to those who don't share my sense of humour, I wouldn't use it on here. Just respect really.
    That’s a good point and I accept that. I also consider it to be terrace humour. As I mentioned before it’s plagiarised from a Sheffield united chant.

In future I will say something like his first touch is so bad that his second touch is always a tackle.

Why?

Get over yourself.

Ok I’ll engage.

My sister was raped lost her marriage her job and still not ok now.
    And nope she won’t read this board but others like me do.
    I’m ex forces so I’m used to locker room banter.
    Difference is I know who I’m with. Imo it’s wrong to say things like this on a public forum.

Your response is what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Ok I’ll engage.

My sister was raped lost her marriage her job and still not ok now.
    And nope she won’t read this board but others like me do.
    I’m ex forces so I’m used to locker room banter.
    Difference is I know who I’m with. Imo it’s wrong to say things like this on a public forum.

Your response is what I expected.
    The remark was not to belittle victims. And it was not intended to cause disagreements on here. I’m genuinely sorry for what happened to your sister and all rape victims including a few people extremely close to me and many of my students over the years.
    But I’m not sorry for writing it for the reasons I’ve already given.

The bloke is useless, I would be amazed if he ever got another gig in the championship.
    Not fit to lace Smith's boots .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12