+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Labour frontbencher denies being ‘a tart’ after outfit criticism

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That's you done for me, Driller. You're on the u d list along with stalwarts like Beechy and Serious.
    'Disrespectful to the surroundings'? You do realise that Tracy Brabin is also an actress so her mode of dress comes from a professional background.
    How would you define respectful dress in the House of Commons? Give me 3 must do's and 3 must not do's. I often thought Theresa May's mode of dress was so inappropriate as to be risible so was that disrespectful too?
    The fact she used to be an actress is of no consequence, she's an MP now. If David Beckham were to be elected as an MP I doubt he'd turn up in shorts and shinpads.

There's a suggested dress code for MPs and I don't think she is following it, hence is being disrespectful.

By the way do you think anyone really cares about which of your lists they're on?

Thought we’d got past the point where we judge what women wear or look like and more on what they say.

Brabin was making an important point about the banning of some journalists from a Downing St briefing, which is probably what people should be concentrating on. But yeah, she was showing her shoulder while she was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So a woman wears a dress to work which shows one of her shoulders. A few trolls on social media decide that she looks:

A slag
    Hungover
    A tart
    About to breastfeed
    A slapper
    Drunk
    Just been banged over a wheelie bin

Then tarquin starts a thread slagging the woman off!

How does that work?
    I think the general consensus in the media is that it probably wasn't the right dress code for an mp in parliament but the insults she got on Twitter etc. were pathetic and not deserved. Mind you I don't think she will wear it again.

An intelligent, articulate,attractive woman making a valid, and reasonable point . I don't see why an appreciation of all of those qualities should be an issue.

Any accusations of disrespect should be based upon malice, and not occasional "sartorial" lapses

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    An intelligent, articulate,attractive woman making a valid, and reasonable point . I don't see why an appreciation of all of those qualities should be an issue.

Any accusations of disrespect should be based upon malice, and not occasional "sartorial" lapses
    Spot on.

That's you done for me, Driller. You're on the u d list along with stalwarts like Beechy and Serious.
    'Disrespectful to the surroundings'? You do realise that Tracy Brabin is also an actress so her mode of dress comes from a professional background.
    How would you define respectful dress in the House of Commons? Give me 3 must do's and 3 must not do's. I often thought Theresa May's mode of dress was so inappropriate as to be risible so was that disrespectful too?
    Afternoon Sidney.

I feel honoured to be on your u d list as you call it but come on, play the white man and include Joe. What's he done to be left out?

Did you watch the Don's State of the Union speech by the way? Brilliant wasn't it with Botox Nancy, shifty Schiff and the rest of the LW Democrats looking down and out. Then we have the Dem's communications shambles in Iowa last night. I more or less take it for granted you will lose your bet on my man not getting a second term this November ... but then we Tories know nowt and I will have to wait. Possibly another farcical charge against the main man will resurface in the near future but I doubt it. You liberal lefties are finished Sid, your days of talk without action are being laughed at and the swamp is quickly being cleared by strong positive men, not pontificating prats like Schumer and Pelosi in the States and the likes of Ed Davey and the Green woman over here.

Don't forget to watch the Senate clear Mr Trump tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    The fact she used to be an actress is of no consequence, she's an MP now. If David Beckham were to be elected as an MP I doubt he'd turn up in shorts and shinpads.

There's a suggested dress code for MPs and I don't think she is following it, hence is being disrespectful.

By the way do you think anyone really cares about which of your lists they're on?
    I wouldn't think anyone gives a rat's a r s e, Driller; I just enjoy telling it like it is.
    On this topic, you remind me of my early years as a young teacher, when certain senior members of staff advised about hair length, wearing a tie, a suit, M & S undies, etc.
    What you dress in should be entirely your personal choice. It's how well you do the job that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Afternoon Sidney.

I feel honoured to be on your u d list as you call it but come on, play the white man and include Joe. What's he done to be left out?

Did you watch the Don's State of the Union speech by the way? Brilliant wasn't it with Botox Nancy, shifty Schiff and the rest of the LW Democrats looking down and out. Then we have the Dem's communications shambles in Iowa last night. I more or less take it for granted you will lose your bet on my man not getting a second term this November ... but then we Tories know nowt and I will have to wait. Possibly another farcical charge against the main man will resurface in the near future but I doubt it. You liberal lefties are finished Sid, your days of talk without action are being laughed at and the swamp is quickly being cleared by strong positive men, not pontificating prats like Schumer and Pelosi in the States and the likes of Ed Davey and the Green woman over here.

Don't forget to watch the Senate clear Mr Trump tonight.
    And don't speak too soon
    For the wheel's still in spin
    And there's no tellin' who
    That it's namin'.
    For the loser now
    Will be later to win
    For the times they are a-changin'.

I wouldn't think anyone gives a rat's a r s e, Driller; I just enjoy telling it like it is.
    On this topic, you remind me of my early years as a young teacher, when certain senior members of staff advised about hair length, wearing a tie, a suit, M & S undies, etc.
    What you dress in should be entirely your personal choice. It's how well you do the job that matters.
    So if your surgeon turned up with his face and ears covered in metal piercings with his trousers halfway down is @rse you would feel relaxed and in good hands then Sid? Bearing in mind you had never met him before.

I would have made enquiries about my surgeon and all that would matter was how good a record he had.
    And by the way have you noticed from the press file on Mr Ian Paterson, the surgeon who carried out hundreds of unnecessary ops, how immaculately he is turned out on every picture featured? Perfect disguise.
    Last edited by sidders; 05-02-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast