+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Labour frontbencher denies being ‘a tart’ after outfit criticism

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I thought I´d "do a Sid" and start a thread slagging off a member of a political party.

From today´s news:

Attachment 14921

....and the Twitter comment that this Labour front-bencher posted:

Hello. Sorry I don’t have time to reply to all of you commenting on this but I can confirm I’m not....
    A slag
    Hungover
    A tart
    About to breastfeed
    A slapper
    Drunk
    Just been banged over a wheelie bin.

Mmmm....."banged over a wheelie bin," Tracy Brabin?.....the levels that Labour stoop to, to get attention....you got my attention....errrrrr.....no thanks duck.

....and they wonder why Labour keeps getting slaughtered at the polling booth.....please can someone inform me that this is a spoof post ie fake news so I can make a forum apology.....gawd help you lot, if this is real.

edit - on re-reading this, the "stoop" bit had me laughing......I think I´ve found my vocation in life?....no, not a dwarf hiding behind a wheelie bin!

.....and that Labour guy on the left, trying to look serious.....hahahahaha....please, no more, I cannot take it.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/labour-fro...170211801.html
    She looks like she's just come straight from an 80's night at Chinawhite's.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Afternoon Sidney.

I feel honoured to be on your u d list as you call it but come on, play the white man and include Joe. What's he done to be left out?

Did you watch the Don's State of the Union speech by the way? Brilliant wasn't it with Botox Nancy, shifty Schiff and the rest of the LW Democrats looking down and out. Then we have the Dem's communications shambles in Iowa last night. I more or less take it for granted you will lose your bet on my man not getting a second term this November ... but then we Tories know nowt and I will have to wait. Possibly another farcical charge against the main man will resurface in the near future but I doubt it. You liberal lefties are finished Sid, your days of talk without action are being laughed at and the swamp is quickly being cleared by strong positive men, not pontificating prats like Schumer and Pelosi in the States and the likes of Ed Davey and the Green woman over here.

Don't forget to watch the Senate clear Mr Trump tonight.
    I don't know what I've done right not to make slimy sids list.......disappointed to say the least.

play the white man
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm afraid so.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I wouldn't think anyone gives a rat's a r s e, Driller; I just enjoy telling it like it is.
    On this topic, you remind me of my early years as a young teacher, when certain senior members of staff advised about hair length, wearing a tie, a suit, M & S undies, etc.
    What you dress in should be entirely your personal choice. It's how well you do the job that matters.
    I think clothes are part of your professional image and while they don't guarantee you'll do a good job, they at least show you're 'playing the game' and want to reassure the people watching that you're taking it seriously.

There's no reason why Jacob Rees Mogg couldn't do his job properly while slouching in parliament. He only had to listen and think and it's perfectly possible to do that while slouching, but I also thought he was disrespectful.

That's basically it. If we can't agree about the theory I'm sure we can agree about the practical side of it. Rightly (in my view) or wrongly (in your view), people are talking about the way she was dressed and not what she said. That was entirely predictable. This shows a poor understanding of image and communications which is a large and important part of being a politician.

I feel honoured to be on your u d list as you call it but come on, play the white man and include Joe. What's he done to be left out?

I'll be generous and make the assumption that you didn't intend racism in your opening sentence here, but only once. At the very least an apology might not go amiss IMHO.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-02-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    This shows a poor understanding of image and communications which is a large and important part of being a politician.
    Far, far too important in my opinion. We have a Prime Minister (and in the interests of fairness also a leader of the opposition) who frequently look like they could have spent the previous night sleeping in a hedgerow. So what? Does a smart suit automatically make you better at your job? What's actually happened is that a female MP showed a bit of bare shoulder in the Commons. According to her, she'd previously attended a music do and stayed in the same clothes when she went to work. Her dress wasn't meant to slip down, but it did, revealing..... wait for it..... shock, horror..... a bit of bare shoulder!

In what f*cking world is this more newsworthy than her highlighting censorship of the media by the government?

Afternoon Sidney.

Did you watch the Don's State of the Union speech by the way? Brilliant wasn't it with Botox Nancy, shifty Schiff and the rest of the LW Democrats looking down and out. Then we have the Dem's communications shambles in Iowa last night. I more or less take it for granted you will lose your bet on my man not getting a second term this November ... but then we Tories know nowt and I will have to wait. Possibly another farcical charge against the main man will resurface in the near future but I doubt it. You liberal lefties are finished Sid, your days of talk without action are being laughed at and the swamp is quickly being cleared by strong positive men, not pontificating prats like Schumer and Pelosi in the States and the likes of Ed Davey and the Green woman over here.

Don't forget to watch the Senate clear Mr Trump tonight.
    Of course he was. Acquitted in law means to be released from a charge because you are not guilty. In American politics it's because they have more Republican senators.

A sad day indeed. He can continue to ride roughshod over everyone and continue to be the dictator he has been. His speech contained misleading stuff at best, lies at worse. Example - he said how well manufacturing is doing as 12,000 factories opened. Truth - manufacturing has fallen by 1.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'll be generous and make the assumption that you didn't intend racism in your opening sentence here, but only once. At the very least an apology might not go amiss IMHO.
    Very generous. And optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Of course he was. Acquitted in law means to be released from a charge because you are not guilty. In American politics it's because they have more Republican senators.

A sad day indeed. He can continue to ride roughshod over everyone and continue to be the dictator he has been. His speech contained misleading stuff at best, lies at worse. Example - he said how well manufacturing is doing as 12,000 factories opened. Truth - manufacturing has fallen by 1.5%.
    The BBC ran a fact-checker article on all his assertions yesterday......I think they only picked him up on ONE point. The "factory" quote was 100% correct btw.....I know, and agree, that the Donald is a bit slimy, but he is delivering what he promised, and is very rarely tied down to an outright lie......if the oppo could find a decent candidate (same with Labour), then I wouldn´t have to sit here defending Trump or Boris as you guys would be in charge!!

Factchecker here https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51381015

On the factory quote: In terms of the gains under Mr Trump's presidency, the most recent Bureau of Labor figures show that in the second quarter of 2019, there were roughly 12,000 more factories than when President Trump took office in 2017.

For Gawds sake lefties, find some credible runners and riders.............I have actually spent a few hours today listening to a Guardian columnist, David Runciman, on his podcasts (terrific well-educated chap from the left who is scathing of the Right, BUT quite clearly states.....where are the alternatives???. Corbyn and Clinton were a joke....sorry), and he agrees with me, if the left can come up with a credible alternative, with a credible strategy, then they will pull politics back towards the centre ground....it is all up in the air ATM, but I cannot see the Left making inroads in the USA, UK or even the EU.......sorry.

Podcast (there are several more, pick one) https://www.talkingpoliticspodcast.c...David+Runciman

See....I do listen to the Lefties, mainly because I cannot understand their mindset....it baffles me!
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 06-02-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast