+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for all non born Geordie followers

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I think this is especially true if the teams you are supporting are both located in the same country. Then it must be tough. Having two (or more) teams to support generally speaking, however, can quite easily be done.

I know that many Glaswegians, for instance, support either Celtic or Rangers and then also have a team in England that they follow/support.

It's the same here. Usually you support the club of the city/region where you're from and then you follow an International team as well.
    Are you in Denmark Hughie?

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Are you in Denmark Hughie?
    Yes sir.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Yes sir.
    Well done Hughie. I ought to have asked are you Danish, or a Brit living in Denmark?

Well done Hughie. I ought to have asked are you Danish, or a Brit living in Denmark?
    Danish, but I have lived in England previously. Well, London.

South Shields born and even though we were right next door to Sunderland, and I mean we lived not a mile away up the coast, Newcastle was the only game in town. We never ever went to Sunderland for anything, it was like a foreign country to us, still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    South Shields born and even though we were right next door to Sunderland, and I mean we lived not a mile away up the coast, Newcastle was the only game in town. We never ever went to Sunderland for anything, it was like a foreign country to us, still is.
    There still is a strong following in South Shields despite as you say being so close (and not having passports for Muckemland)

Nowt wrong with the Sand Dancers my mate supports The Toon and lives in Scarborough he doesn’t like being called a Donkey Smacker though

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Nowt wrong with the Sand Dancers my mate supports The Toon and lives in Scarborough he doesn’t like being called a Donkey Smacker though
    Some of my best mates came from Iraqi and Yemeni families living in Shields (Hence the name Sand Dancers) and they were absolute die hard Toon fans.

Some of my best mates came from Iraqi and Yemeni families living in Shields (Hence the name Sand Dancers) and they were absolute die hard Toon fans.
    Yeah I know the story I’ve got loads of mates in Shields

The band Splinter sang a song about it called Costafine Town

Which is the nearest biggish club to where you were born, and what makes you favour Newcastle United, or indeed any other top club, over them.
    Grandad player 288 games for Newcastle united - David Lydle Fairhurst - My name is David Charles Fairhurst.

so it's blood.

Born and raised in Cheltenham - No major teams near me - Only one team on earth - Newcastle United.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)