+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ft 0-4

Ft 0-4

Disappointing given the first half but Celtic were on a different planet after the break. Annoying that their second goal was a comedy of errors but it was coming regardless and the third and fourth were unstoppable.

Aarons looked lively before tiring and why we still persevere with Seedorf (though I appreciate the other subs were equally ineffective) ahead of others is a mystery.

Excellent results elsewhere for us though so we escape with only goal difference and pride damaged.

Win on Saturday and the last couple will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Disappointing given the first half but Celtic were on a different planet after the break. Annoying that their second goal was a comedy of errors but it was coming regardless and the third and fourth were unstoppable.

Aarons looked lively before tiring and why we still persevere with Seedorf (though I appreciate the other subs were equally ineffective) ahead of others is a mystery.

Excellent results elsewhere for us though so we escape with only goal difference and pride damaged.

Win on Saturday and the last couple will be forgotten.
    Can't disagree with any of above. As for Seedorf - just go son.

Having been at Fir Park last night I hope I am totally wrong but IMO I don’t think we will be up to the fight of a cup tie on Saturday. Yes we probably won’t face another team in the league who play like Celtic, but several of our players looked sluggish and dead on their feet with around 30 minutes to go. Midfield in particular were running? on empty and could not chase back something we have to do in a battling cup tie.

Last night was always going to be a long one and so it proved. I thought it was utter madness trying to go toe-to-toe with Celtic and playing 4-3-3, we just don't have the quality to play like that in this type of game. Once they scored in eight minutes that was the game over and I know some of our more optimistic supporters will point to us having a few half chances but Celtic were happy to sit in and let us come at them as they knew our attack was toothless and they would get the opportunity to pick us off as the game wore on.

That's now three games in a row we've failed to score and since we've lost Scott we look even less effective up front than we did before. His departure is going to be a hammer blow to us for the second half of the season.

I too think we will be going out of the cup on Saturday afternoon to complete a miserable week.

I thought the first half we played as well as we could possibly expect... restricted them to two chance, one of which was a break of the ball, and made a few of our own. But for an astonishing save we'd have scored.

However, it would have made no difference in the long run because for us to play like that for a half requires more than 45 minutes worth of mental and physical energy to chase and harry a team with such technical superiority. I'm not worried about us running out of fitness last night as that's what's happens when better players give you the runaround but it is a worry if we can recover for Saturday, especially since St Mirren apparently had a rather low energy effort against Accies.

Saturday won't define our season, rather the winnable run in the league after. There's no denying we've hit a blip though and the sooner we snap out of it the better.

Saturday is an entirely different Football Planet IMO. Might be going against the grain here, but I ain't worried 1 iota. I reckon we'll take the tie - perhaps not too easily, but think we'll be in the hat afterwards.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)