+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: The Derek McInnes sacking eleven v Kilmarnock SCOTTISH CUP

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The thing is, final league position of “5th” and knocked out of the cup are not the only factors.
    If season tickets go down again as a result of entertainment, the board would need to discuss a change.
    The drop in season ticket sales has been disappointing if understandable. Ironically our financial position is increasing presumably because of outside investment. You would imagine that can't go on forever if the product isn't there.

In the end I agree that it's the apathy that may see him off.

It's not about catching up, its a differing position to reflect on.
    Aye ok

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Aye ok
    Indeed, some of us aren't pigeonholed
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 11-02-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    The drop in season ticket sales has been disappointing if understandable. Ironically our financial position is increasing presumably because of outside investment. You would imagine that can't go on forever if the product isn't there.

In the end I agree that it's the apathy that may see him off.
    We're on the same page it seems.
    DM would need to up the level of performances somewhat to prolong management at Aberdeen

We're on the same page it seems.
    DM would need to up the level of performances somewhat to prolong management at Aberdeen
    We live in hope. Cosgrove starts scoring goals again, we get 4 million for him in the Summer topped up with additional money from Cormack and friends the team is totally transformed into a well oiled attacking machine. And then I wake up ☺

Although it is difficult to argue with his goal tally, and we all have to be delighted with that, I don't think anyone actually rates him as a player.

Of course he's still a young loon and if he continues his hard work then you never know.

We would all have been glad to accept decent money for him in January though, and you don't often find that if you ask supporters about losing their top scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Although it is difficult to argue with his goal tally, and we all have to be delighted with that, I don't think anyone actually rates him as a player.

Of course he's still a young loon and if he continues his hard work then you never know.

We would all have been glad to accept decent money for him in January though, and you don't often find that if you ask supporters about losing their top scorer.
    Yeah it’s strange... couple months ago we were talking about him as if he was worth £4m because of his goals. Now the goals have dried up he doesn’t look like someone you’d even want to pay £500k for.

I wonder how long McInnes will persevere with him. He kept playing Stevie May for 2 years despite never looking like scoring. The problem is he’s got no viable alternative - Anderson would require a change in the style of play (which would be good but I can’t see McInnes doing that) and Main is garbage. I do wonder whether Main might get a start tonight actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah it’s strange... couple months ago we were talking about him as if he was worth £4m because of his goals. Now the goals have dried up he doesn’t look like someone you’d even want to pay £500k for.

I wonder how long McInnes will persevere with him. He kept playing Stevie May for 2 years despite never looking like scoring. The problem is he’s got no viable alternative - Anderson would require a change in the style of play (which would be good but I can’t see McInnes doing that) and Main is garbage. I do wonder whether Main might get a start tonight actually.
    I think people are being a bit tough on Cosgrove.
    The issue is our lack of creativity. If we start creating opportunities, he may start banging them in again.

The issue is our lack of creativity. If we start creating opportunities, he may start banging them in again.
    I’m not meaning to be overly critical of the guy, I think that would be very harsh given that his goals have carried us for most of the season. I’m just saying that when he isn’t scoring he doesn’t look like a £4m player - his touch, control, general play has improved from when he first joined, but if you parachuted someone in to watch the last few games who had never seen us play before and then told them that Sam Cosgrove is worth£4m they’d think you were insane.

You’re right though, he’s not had much supply recently - it’s not that he’s been missing loads of chances. He’s missed the few he has had and that’s cost us. Earlier in the season we were still creating virtually no chances but he was taking the odd one or two that came his way.

Maybe but he made an absolute chunt of two great chances at Ibrox. You can't be the only striker starting and not get some grief if you don't actually score.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast