+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Inside No 9 & football

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    After yesterday's Boris antics I reckon inside number 11 would make good viewing.
    You’re a smart bloke. Would you agree that unelected Dominic Cummings is actually making decisions while Boris distracts everyone by acting the clown?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    You’re a smart bloke. Would you agree that unelected Dominic Cummings is actually making decisions while Boris distracts everyone by acting the clown?
    Cummings was against HS2 so he isn't making all the decisions.

Mark Sedwill, the Cabinet Secretary, advises ministers, is head of the Civil Service and is also the National Security Adviser is probably the best candidate for alternative Prime Minister.

In part yes, but Boris saw how the chancellor's advisers helped Hammond knife Theresa May in the back and how they tried to stall brexit. Many of them were inherited by Javid so here was an ideal way to have a clear out of dissenters.

Boris is no fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Scum, what did you think about 'The 12 days of Christine' ?. I think this is an interesting but slightly over rated episode.

I think 'Tom & Gerri' was good and it needs a second watch, and its interesting to see Shearsmith play a goodie for once lol, and Pemberton sort of plays the baddie as the tramp.
    'The Bill' was fantastic how it all boiled down to them trying to con Phil Glenister's character, and 'Cold comfort' really angered me because I bought into the lead character, only for it to go against him at the end lol.
    12 Days is my favourite episode but absolutely crushing. I put it in a list of my 5 favourite films when asked recently.

Tom and Gerri very chilling

This week’s was one of my favourites as I loved Psychoville and cheered at the tele when David and then Mr Jelly showed up.

Oh and I agree that if not completely by design then no 10 won’t be disappointed that Javid has gone and yesterday’s events will be forgotten pretty quickly. Very transparently surrounding himself with suckups/allies and purging anyone who’s criticised him. Personally I think you need a couple of constructive critics around to be a good leader.

Back to the plot.

I've only seen the sardines episode which I found disappointing but I will carry on watching.

Back to the plot.

I've only seen the sardines episode which I found disappointing but I will carry on watching.
    There are far better episodes. there's also some that are instantly forgettable.

There are far better episodes. there's also some that are instantly forgettable.
    Sounds like watching the Millers

Sounds like watching the Millers
    When they are good they are very dark and funny, so yeah, Just like watching The Millers.

Probably why I like them so much.

Think of a funnier, less preachy version of Black Mirror when they are at their best.

My favourite episodes are:

Riddle Of The Sphinx
    Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room
    Nana's Party
    Tom And Gerri
    The Bill
    Empty Orchestra
    Death Not Be Proud
    To Have And To Hold

Hey lads, I never watched Psychoville, so as a result I dont know about and I dont particularly even care about the 'David and his mam' characters!.
    It was a shocking twist though with Jenna Coleman killing her partner, and even worse as she put his body on ice in the bath, which is exactly what David did when his mam died.
    (ohh by the way... heres a Tykes spoiler alert of course lol)

Anyway moving on from that, this weeks episode was also very disappointing. Pemberton was the dad of the family and they were building up towards christmas etc. And there was really no ending, no punch line, or no dark or twisty thing to talk about. It really felt flat and it didnt feel like a normal No.9 episode.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-02-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast