+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Inside No 9 & football

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_10)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_11)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_12)

By what metric?

The new (female) doctor in Series 11 had a massive boost to figures. In Series 12 figures are more comparable to Series 10.

Oh do try to keep up.

Do what you’re good at and google “Dr Who viewing figures”

Even the Dr Who fan club are worried about the slump.

Try to be more awake than woke

I think it's time for the good Doctor to have a nice long rest again, it's become a joke again like in the 80s

Even the left-wing humour site The Daily Mash is taking the mickey out of it's "wokeness."

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20200207193228

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I think it's time for the good Doctor to have a nice long rest again, it's become a joke again like in the 80s

Even the left-wing humour site The Daily Mash is taking the mickey out of it's "wokeness."

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...20200207193228
    “Is Jodie Whittaker breathless enough?”

She’s a weird one is Jodie W, born in Yorkshire but she speaks like a Londoner that’s been taught “how to speak Northern” at a bad acting school.

Awww Grist, shes not the best Dr admittedly isnt our Jodie (in fact shes probably the worst one and as a Who fan myself, Ive watched them all lol).
    But when shes playing the part of a brunette in a serious piece of drama like Broadchurch for example (alongside the former Dr David Tenant of course!)...then believe me I wouldnt say NO to a secret night out with her.

Hey guys as for this No. 9 series, I wasnt keen at first after watching the opening episode called 'Sardines', where they all came to hide together inside a packed tight wardrobe!.
    BUT, Ive really become a fan since then and I admire messrs Shearsmith & Pemberton for the quality of their writing, and their fiendish wicked senses of humour.

This weeks episode was brilliant. Funny, macabre and crossed over to Psychoville characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    This weeks episode was brilliant. Funny, macabre and crossed over to Psychoville characters.
    I havent quite caught up with that yet Scum, but I have binge watched it this past week on I-Player and Im currently on the Series 4 episodes.
    Shearsmith really plays the baddie well doesnt he, and most of the time Pemberton playes the more likeable one (although maybe not exactly a goodie).
    I couldnt stop laughing today when watching the Hotel Zanzibar episode at the start of S4, and the bit where Shearsmith is about to kill somebody with his flick knife, he then gets hypnotised and starts doing the hokey cokey instead lol.
    Superbly dark and farcical all at the same time, one of my favourite episodes so far actually.
    Last edited by Acido; 13-02-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I havent quite caught up with that yet Scum, but I have binge watched it this past week on I-Player and Im currently on the Series 4 episodes.
    Shearsmith really plays the baddie well doesnt he, and most of the time Pemberton playes the more likeable one (although maybe not exactly a goodie).
    I couldnt stop laughing today when watching the Hotel Zanzibar episode at the start of S4, and the bit where Shearsmith is about to kill somebody with his flick knife, he then gets hypnotised and starts doing the hokey cokey instead lol.
    Superbly dark and farcical all at the same time, one of my favourite episodes so far actually.
    That one is written entirely in iambic pentameter.

Really clever and funny blokes.

Hey Scum, what did you think about 'The 12 days of Christine' ?. I think this is an interesting but slightly over rated episode.

I think 'Tom & Gerri' was good and it needs a second watch, and its interesting to see Shearsmith play a goodie for once lol, and Pemberton sort of plays the baddie as the tramp.
    'The Bill' was fantastic how it all boiled down to them trying to con Phil Glenister's character, and 'Cold comfort' really angered me because I bought into the lead character, only for it to go against him at the end lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Scum, what did you think about 'The 12 days of Christine' ?. I think this is an interesting but slightly over rated episode.

I think 'Tom & Gerri' was good and it needs a second watch, and its interesting to see Shearsmith play a goodie for once lol, and Pemberton sort of plays the baddie as the tramp.
    'The Bill' was fantastic how it all boiled down to them trying to con Phil Glenister's character, and 'Cold comfort' really angered me because I bought into the lead character, only for it to go against him at the end lol.
    Alright mate. I totally agree about 12 days of Christmas. It’s a friend of mine’s favourite episode but not for me because I think the main strength is humour which they forgot in that episode.

I love Bernie Clifton’s dressing room.

After yesterday's Boris antics I reckon inside number 11 would make good viewing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast