+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T RIP Kirk Douglas

Ah the powers of social media. If we all listened to what's said online then we'd have Julien Lamy running down our right wing in a couple of hours.

Lazy, woke “journalism”

Surprised it’s not the Guardian running it.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Cheers Acido, I’ll give them a watch. I looked at Kirk’s IMDb and turns out I have got one of his movies in my collection. Gunfight at the O.K. Coral.
    Here Loyal is another 'trailer' for one of the Kirk films I mentioned (probable spoilers ahead though, obviously!).
    And hey, lets hope we never call them movies eh, I blame that pesky Camiller for that lol. Id rather watch the dirty SheffUre Blunts than call films movies.

Last edited by Acido; 12-02-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And hey, lets hope we never call them movies eh, I blame Camiller for that. Id rather watch the dirty SheffUre Blunts than call films movies.
    It was loyal who used the dreaded M word not me. Even when I'm in the car in my best singalong mode you'll hear me belting out The Drifters "Saturday Night at the Pictures" (To be fair they even call the place The Movies and reference the 'picture' they saw).

I’ve called them movies for years, didn’t even realise till it was just now pointed out.

Think it’s must be from the Sky movie channels.

Its one of those odd things that we grow up with isnt it, do we call it films or movies or even both etc. But I do think the word movies is more of an 'Americanism'.

And when we go to see a film, do we call it the pictures or the cinema or the flicks etc ?.

Wow, I love this subject about films... Im really at home here.

ps - And hey pesky Camiller, it seems that your not the phantom 'movie' word spreader, somebody else on here is.
    Last edited by Acido; 12-02-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Then there’s that other odd combination “movie theatres”

Then there’s the word “cinema” originally from Greece via France

I can put up with movies, it’s things like “my bad” and “way to go” that get me going arghhhhh.

Hey Grist... cracking cheeese Gromit.

I went to watch the Jaws & Superman & Bond (Roger Moore) & Star wars films... at the pictures in Wakey & Cas back in the lovely 70s lol.

I like these new cinema 'complexes' though, they are much more than just about watching the film of course.

I agree, but I like the old school stuff too.

Me and Mrs Grist are regulars at the Lyceum Sheffield for live plays.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234