+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherwin Seedorf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sherwin Seedorf

Seriously, how does he continue to get game time for us? I know we weren't blessed with many options from the bench last night that could have changed the game at 0-2 down against Celtic but to bring Seedorf on? Come on. He wouldn't look out of place at junior level so why bring him on against Celtic?

He is genuinely one of the worst players I have ever seen at Motherwell FC and that's saying something. Andy Roddie was more effective.

One can't argue with that accurate assessment. IMO Hylton has a similar assessment.
    To have BOTH on the park at the same time was madness but comical.

I would like to think we have someone in the Development team who would be better than those two.
    After last night’s game I am convinced we have to go 4-4-2 in the cup on Saturday, with that in mind my team would be

Gillespie

Grimshaw. Gallagher. Hartley. Carroll

Donnelly. Campbell. Polworth. O’Hara

Aaron’s. Long

There's no way we will pitch up at St Mirren and play two in central midfield but do they need the same respect as we showed at Pittodrie, squeezing four in with just one winger? Probably not. And that would hardly aid our struggling creativity. We'll start 4-3-3, assuming everyone is fit, with the starting XI from yesterday.

As for Seedorf, after the turnaround in Donnelly over summer you can never write anyone off completely when they've got another year on their contract but it's hard to see what either we or he gets from being pitched in now when his confidence and form have clearly collapsed. Give him a run in the reserves with no pressure and a fresh start over summer.

It's also very ott to lump Hylton in at his level... he's had some excellent assists this season along with a couple of goals. He's by no means the finished article and we may end up ditching him but he currently has much more potential to contribute than Seedorf.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    There's no way we will pitch up at St Mirren and play two in central midfield but do they need the same respect as we showed at Pittodrie, squeezing four in with just one winger? Probably not. And that would hardly aid our struggling creativity. We'll start 4-3-3, assuming everyone is fit, with the starting XI from yesterday.

As for Seedorf, after the turnaround in Donnelly over summer you can never write anyone off completely when they've got another year on their contract but it's hard to see what either we or he gets from being pitched in now when his confidence and form have clearly collapsed. Give him a run in the reserves with no pressure and a fresh start over summer.

It's also very ott to lump Hylton in at his level... he's had some excellent assists this season along with a couple of goals. He's by no means the finished article and we may end up ditching him but he currently has much more potential to contribute than Seedorf.
    After watching St.Mirren against the Accies on Alba, I don't think we need to approach this game with fear and trepidation. It will, though, take 100% commitment. Losing to Celtic isn't a yardstick; I was far more disappointed at Livi; another one like that and we will be in trouble. But we are, on clear balance, a better team than St.Mirren. We need to work hard and make it count. And don't give the Durmus guy any pot - shots from the edge of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    After watching St.Mirren against the Accies on Alba, I don't think we need to approach this game with fear and trepidation. It will, though, take 100% commitment. Losing to Celtic isn't a yardstick; I was far more disappointed at Livi; another one like that and we will be in trouble. But we are, on clear balance, a better team than St.Mirren. We need to work hard and make it count. And don't give the Durmus guy any pot - shots from the edge of the area.
    The Livi performance was obviously a shocker but that's not exactly a yardstick either - they've lost a handful of times on plastic all season yet haven't won on grass since August.

You're right, however, that we're a better team than St Mirren but as I always say, being clearly better over 38 games often includes being only marginally better over 90 minutes. The margins aren't big enough in Scotland that anyone outside the Old Firm can turn up without being very wary. We showed that well enough in the cup finals season...

If we play to our best we'll win but they have an excellent goalkeeper and if they sneak the first goal we'll be in serious bother.

Sorry for getting back to the post subject ... that being the very one and only Sherwin Seedorf. I'm pretty sure our coaches know a thing or 2 about fitbaw, and I imagine during training sessions they impart lot's of knowledge, advice and comments akin to 'make a run into the space son and your teammates will pass to you'.
    Why he does SFA on the pitch in that respect leads me to think he needs to be sent up to the Redline office and sent to any team in the Northern Conference ( League that'll have him. I've also heard his uncle's now changed his own surname by deed-poll!

One of the most talented players on our books but very inexperienced and raw. Thats why Wolves insisted on a sell on clause. Why can't he do the business on the pitch? Thats one for our coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    One of the most talented players on our books but very inexperienced and raw. Thats why Wolves insisted on a sell on clause. Why can't he do the business on the pitch? Thats one for our coaches.
    He is utter cack.

No shot. No courage.

Majority lower league football have players who will never progress to top level and are content.
    Both Seedorf and Hylton are of this standard - lower league or p/t football.
    i would also add Long to this list as IMO doubt will improve and frustrate beyond belief and more often awol.
    He only plays as have no one else to play a No9 role.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)