+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First ‘summer’ signing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    "Symptoms of ODD may include:

Throwing repeated temper tantrums
    Excessively arguing with adults, especially those with authority
    Actively refusing to comply with requests and rules
    Deliberately trying to annoy or upset others, or being easily annoyed by others
    Blaming others for your mistakes
    Having frequent outbursts of anger and resentment
    Being spiteful and seeking revenge
    Swearing or using obscene language
    Saying mean and hateful things when upset
    In addition, many children with ODD are moody, easily frustrated, and have a low self-esteem."

I'm no mathematician, but I'm struggling to find the 20%
    I like him.
    He makes my day.
    He makes Angry ram look like a *****cat.
    God forbid he ever gets control of a banana republic. Magabe will get a Saint nomination

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...and to think it was you who called GP a ‘pedant’ last week.

Can’t believe it. Derby win away for the first time in six months and all you can do is have yet another go at me.

I’ve long thought you were a bit odd Swale, but I’m beginning to think you actually suffer from ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder).
    Look it up...you seem to exhibit at least 80% of the symptoms. Therapy and a little medication should sort it.
    Shouldn't we be reticent in the giving of diagnoses based on an online persona that may be fictitious in nature?

I used to run a DCFC forum at one time and the posters were, by and large, sensible people who posted genuine thoughts and feelings. We then got 3 or 4 new members who, it turned out, were all friends and had joined with the intention of disprupting the sensible discussion going on. It nearly worked. In the end, post deletion, temporary suspensions and the banning of one saw them off.

When I was teaching we had a female student who had been diagnosed with ODD. It allowed her to get away with an awful lot. Until a 25 year old student teacher and I discovered background the school didn't know. The parents ran a restaurant and were away from just after lunchtime until midnight or later. The girl was on her own after school. She got everything she wanted from her parents in order to "compensate" for their poor parenting. It was at the stage where she knew that a tantrum would always see her parents fold. It worked at school too..... until the two of us stepped in and put the full story on the table. The parents started to work "split shifts" so there was always one of them at home and the girl got TLC instead of things.

I don't think Swale is an ODD sufferer. I do think he might be trying to wind you up though rA.

He might be in need of some TLC as well 😉

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

I don't think Swale is an ODD sufferer. I do think he might be trying to wind you up though rA.
    Tbh it was a tongue in cheek comment, MA and I actually agree with you and the sentiments of Rob and mac elsewhere.

Having said that, in the last week I think I’ve been referred to as ‘sitting on the fence...incapable of forming an opinion...wearing rose coloured glasses...being an apologist...trying to appease everyone...being a mild minded liberal... being pompous and thick etc, etc...all littered with various expletives...and those are just the ones I can remember.

Now that’s not me seeking sympathy...you come on a forum and ‘live or die’ with the banter, I get that. I’d far rather ‘chat’ about Derby’s fortunes, share observations about the cricket and have a little bit of banter about politics, current affairs or rival clubs, but if someone appears to declare ‘open house’ on you and just become objectionably antagonistic and repetitively vitriolic, for reasons best known to themselves, then - seriously - what do you expect? What is the point of coming on here just to be cantankerous, hostile and unpleasant?

Tbh it was a tongue in cheek comment, MA and I actually agree with you and the sentiments of Rob and mac elsewhere.

Having said that, in the last week I think I’ve been referred to as ‘sitting on the fence...incapable of forming an opinion...wearing rose coloured glasses...being an apologist...trying to appease everyone...being a mild minded liberal... being pompous and thick etc, etc...all littered with various expletives...and those are just the ones I can remember.
    Worse yet, you've been accused of being a teacher!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Worse yet, you've been accused of being a teacher!
    Lol...but I’ll admit to that one...just don’t understand its relevance.

...and to think it was you who called GP a ‘pedant’ last week.

Can’t believe it. Derby win away for the first time in six months and all you can do is have yet another go at me.

I’ve long thought you were a bit odd Swale, but I’m beginning to think you actually suffer from ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder).
    Look it up...you seem to exhibit at least 80% of the symptoms. Therapy and a little medication should sort it.

Hardly pedantic, just pointing out that its not possible! Odd? Coming from you thats a bit rich!

Still I can tell that your suffering from low esteem and one must not pick on the vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I like him.
    He makes my day.
    He makes Angry ram look like a *****cat.
    God forbid he ever gets control of a banana republic. Magabe will get a Saint nomination
    OH ****ing hell, you've crawled out the woodwork have you? I definitely don't like you, I mean when has anything you ahve posted had any relationship with the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Hardly pedantic, just pointing out that its not possible! Odd? Coming from you thats a bit rich!

Still I can tell that your suffering from low esteem and one must not pick on the vulnerable.
    Just bizarre! However I shall follow recent suggestions and just say...the cricket’s going well.

Only just....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)